what are the the first signs of balding?!

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well i would look at the side of your head and the hair above your sideburns. If it goes straight to the top of your head don't know. If it looks like it goes backwards you might be in trouble.
Hope that wasn't confusing.

Redbone

Reaction score
For me it happend very, very slow then one day I almost sh*t myself. Yes I was in denial and don't let this happen to you.

I knew I had a bit of a slow recession on my right temple for years, what people did not tell me was that the crown was thinning slowly at the same time- not even my hair dresser told me. This probably started when I was about 28, I thought it was from the gym supplements I was taking- Testosterone booster like Tribestan. Anyway I just watched it for a while hoping it wouln't get worse, it was not visible in public due to a comb over. By the time I was 32 the crown was becoming very visible and still no one said anything including my GF at the time, even my mom noticed and said nothing. Then a year or so later a friend started goofing on me saying I was starting to look like a bald friend of ours. Others would say "nice weave" but I was to ignorant to understand at the time.

8 months went by and I went camping in August, we spent the whole day out in the sun- a few days later I noticed my crown was peeling. I just pulled chunks of peeled skin from my crown- WTF. When I finally got a mirror and looked I was horrified and no one even told me over all the years. Being an ill informed newbie I ordered Crinagen for DHT ,Tricomin for growth and Nioxin products not a bad choice. I was also a mark for any snake oil salesman that had an ad on the internet. That worked a bit.

Anyway once I realized what boat I was in I took a closer look and realized how thin my overall hair had become. It was always super thick to the point were I could not control it, I never noticed excess shedding just a bit of recession, upon closer look I noticed great recession, overall thinning and a crown that was showing.

To make this long and boring story positive- Scrutinize your hair closely everyday and make sure you know what condition it is in. If I had known about my problem and this site years ago I would have kept valuable hair that is now gone forever. I had a disease called denial and it took its toll. Boy if I had those early stages back.....

Really doesn't Matter though I still get all the pussy I can handle :D

VWdude

Reaction score
Redbone said:
For me it happend very, very slow then one day I almost $#iT myself. Yes I was in denial and don't let this happen to you.

I knew I had a bit of a slow recession on my right temple for years, what people did not tell me was that the crown was thinning slowly at the same time- not even my hair dresser told me. This probably started when I was about 28, I thought it was from the gym supplements I was taking- Testosterone booster like Tribestan. Anyway I just watched it for a while hoping it wouln't get worse, it was not visible in public due to a comb over. By the time I was 32 the crown was becoming very visible and still no one said anything including my GF at the time, even my mom noticed and said nothing. Then a year or so later a friend started goofing on me saying I was starting to look like a bald friend of ours. Others would say "nice weave" but I was to ignorant to understand at the time.

8 months went by and I went camping in August, we spent the whole day out in the sun- a few days later I noticed my crown was peeling. I just pulled chunks of peeled skin from my crown- WTF. When I finally got a mirror and looked I was horrified and no one even told me over all the years. Being an ill informed newbie I ordered Crinagen for DHT ,Tricomin for growth and Nioxin products not a bad choice. I was also a mark for any snake oil salesman that had an ad on the internet. That worked a bit.

Anyway once I realized what boat I was in I took a closer look and realized how thin my overall hair had become. It was always super thick to the point were I could not control it, I never noticed excess shedding just a bit of recession, upon closer look I noticed great recession, overall thinning and a crown that was showing.

To make this long and boring story positive- Scrutinize your hair closely everyday and make sure you know what condition it is in. If I had known about my problem and this site years ago I would have kept valuable hair that is now gone forever. I had a disease called denial and it took its toll. Boy if I had those early stages back.....

Really doesn't Matter though I still get all the pussy I can handle :D

Whoa.. I could tell my story and use different words but it would be exactly the same as yours.....I look back now and I realized that I could have saved a hell of alot more hair if I wasn't in the denial phase for a long time.

WingsHockeyCapt

Reaction score
So yeah on the subject of am I balding and what not...when I was 18 some work friends of mine made a comment pretty much to the lines of "hey your balding...and your 18 wtf" I had always had a high forhead line...which is what they were basing their judgement...
(I can recall times when I was younger...11-12ish when friends would poke fun of me for having a big forehead)
but it still got me paranoid...I'm noticing a lot of hairs falling out of my head...I don't know if it has always been like this or just lately because now that Im paranoid ill be looking for it whenever it happens...I read that the average person loses something like 150 hairs a day? Is that accurate it just seems like people would be balding all over at that rate alone.

Also the shower comment...when I take a shower I'll lose maybe one hair while washing my hair...its just when i go at my hair with a towel for however long it takes to dry ill notice a lot of hairs rip out.

Since I got so paranoid if been kinda running my hands through my hair or grabbing some to see if I pull any out and its usually 0-2 hairs if I do that...is that at all common? Or if Im balding will I generally be pulling out more hairs.

As far as genetics go my fathers side of the family...all in their 30-50s and none of them are balding (thats outa 5 or 6 guys i cant remember..my father is 50 with no sign of hair loss)...but Im told a lot you get your hair genes from your mothers father...and well he was one of those balding at 19-20. thats what scares me I mean come on Id like to go through college with my head of hair it seems just rediculous to be paranoid about this so early.

What would you say is the best test to really know if im baldind or not?
And last question does anyonw know if hats cause balding? I used to wear a hat pretty much all the time...then when I got paranois on the subject I stopped wearing one so much becase I heard that can cause balding.
So yeah If anyone has any opinions please let me know

sMann

Reaction score
An itchy scalp is a big one for me too, as well as a scattered hairline. My scalp is just far more sensitive than it was before.

What is the most common treatment for someone my age (23). My hair is still very much there, so if I could just prevent any further hair loss, I'd be very happy.
Any suggestions?