What are the best shampoo's around?

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys, I know this topic has probably been around a million times but please indulge me, I currently use Nizoral 2%, and I cycle between T-Gel and the Revivogen shampoo as well as using the Pregaine as a sort of pre-rinse, do you guys have any recommendations especially if your from the uk.

Im seriously considering Biotin shampoo.

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Pregaine for a while because it seemed a good idea...but it seemed to leave a layer of minging skin or something on my scalp which could be craped off, so stopped using it. I originally strted with nism but gave it up after a couple of days due to scalp irritation and not hearing many good things about it (even though its supposed to stop excessive hairloss inn a week!).

Currently I use T-gel every other day (soon to add nizoral) and any other days I wash my hair I am currently using pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume, makes my hair feel nice after even though its short and thinning!

I live in the UK too btw

WRXSTi04

Reaction score
I use Thicker Fuller Hair Shampoo and Conditioner. I notice it works and every time I get my hair cut the slyest says " Hair is so thick and Beautiful"

I am going to start Nizoral 3 times a weeks since it is so strongly recommended by others for hairloss. I have receding hairline which is not to bad.

hopewas

Reaction score
neutrogena t gel is the greatest shampoo dandruff ever. i like the couvre shampoo and hair thickener also. others like nizoral , etc.. haven't really been that great compared to theres 2 shampoos i just mentioned

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
i use infusium 23 works pretty well, and nizoral every third day

Stingray

Reaction score
Infusium 23 is almost as pimp as myself.

And that's pretty damned pimp.

Redbone

Reaction score
Anybody see those commercials for L'oreal on the NFL championship games for the new hair thickening shampoo? The commercial time must have cost a fortune and was directed specifically at guys with thinning hair. The product looked very promising.

artvandaley

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i saw the commercial for that shampoo. I was wondering if anyone had used it and noticed a difference in their hair.

Redbone

Reaction score
Anyone know the name of it? I did a search but came up with nothing. Interesting as they promise 50% fuller hair for thinning guys. They must have spent a shitload on the airtime and on the making of that commercial. It was aired several times during the AFC championship and several times during the NFC championship. Don't be surprised if you see it during the Superbowl as it is aimed at male pattern baldness candidates.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
L'Oreal Elvive, but have never tried the stuff. It is also called Vive for men.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Head and Shoulders for a few years.

I also recently got Head And Shoulders 2 in 1 by accident. it is awesome!!! It is Head and Shoulders, but with conditioner. However, the conditioner is very gentle and light. It doesn't even feel like you've used conditioner, but it adds an awesome edge and less hair falls out because there is less resistance. I recommend it

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont believe it's called loreal vive, I did a search on that and brought up pages for hair coloring , If anyone finds out the name of it, let us know.....

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Nissim Shampoo makes some pretty bold statements that it can stop hairloss and even regrow some I doubt that would happen, but if you can find a shampoo that cleans you hair and leaves your scalp fresh then that can only help in hair regrowth.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
On his site Dr Lee writes:

In vitro experiments demonstrate the addition of vitamin B6 and zinc to azelaic acid allows azelaic acid to be used in small quantities to inhibit the synthesis of DHT in the skin.

Zinc, however, forms insoluble salts when it reacts with minoxidil/azelaic acid, rendering the active ingredients ineffective.

My question is if it is O.K. to use Head and Shoulders shampoo which contains zinc as I am on minoxidil? Should it influence effect of minoxidil? What do you think about this?

Thank you.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
i use Head and Shoulders regular...is there a known problem with this? I am on minoxidil...haven't noticed anything, but then, I didn't have a great baseline as I shave my head.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would I make up the name?

L'Oreal Paris launches VIVE for Men
| |
NEW YORK - January 16, 2004 - L'Oreal Paris has extended its VIVE brand to men with this month's launch of VIVE for Men.

The line address men's top hair care concerns, namely thinning hair and dandruff, according to the 2003 Gallup study on men's grooming habits. L'Oreal will position VIVE for Men, which features Regenium XY technology with ceramide-R, as a system consisting of five products that when used in a regimen thicken and fortify hair from root to tip.

VIVE for Men is available in three shampoos: Thickening, 2-in-1 and Anti-Dandruff; and two styling products, namely Thickening & Grooming foam and gel. The suggested retail price is $3.69 each.

G

Celtictigyr said:
i use Head and Shoulders regular...is there a known problem with this? I am on minoxidil...haven't noticed anything, but then, I didn't have a great baseline as I shave my head.

On the contrary, H and S has a good track record against male pattern baldness.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks douggieI might pick some up and give it a try next time Im at the drugstore. I wasnt accusing you of making up the name I was simply relaying what I found in searches for loreal vive....thanks again for the info.....