what about temples?

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear all,
I lost a lot of my hair (mainly temples) over the past year. also, hair all over my head is getting thinner (except the back of head)

I made an internet research and I was very pleased to find this very useful site.

after a lot of reading, I discovered that Propecia is the best to stop hairloss. unfortunately, it doesn't work for temples which is my main area of concern.

may anyone advise me about good regimes to prevent hairloss and grow the hair I lost in temples?

I think I will go for nizoral and minoxidil which are the only availabe medications here in UAE. but if you think it will not stop hair loss, please advise what I should do.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you heard wrong brother! Propecia DOES work for the temples, and in some cases, it works very well.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Urm take a look at actionpack or something like that can't remember his name.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeap that'll be the guy pretty awesome results.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
when my derm suggested finasteride, i asked him the same question about its efficacy on the tempels. he said he didn't notice that it works any better on one area than on others. he also said that receding is often just a precurser to larger hairloss issues so it's best to stop male pattern baldness in its tracks than to wait for it to get worse. it sounds like you would be a good candidate for finasteride.

however, three months after starting finasteride i went through a month long shed that made my hairline problems paltry in comparison to the overall thinning on the crown. many people say hair shed on finasteride comes back. if it does, then it looks like i made the right decision by going on finasteride, if it doesn't then i potentially made matters worse. though i can say that i think my temples are a bit better.

many other people have complained of the same problem, ie going on finasteride to stop a receding hairline only to be worse off after a shed and not being able to get back to baseline. i'm not suggesting that you shouldn't start taking finasteride; just consider yourself warned.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.geocities.com/actionpackti/ doesn't exist!

now regarding finasteride, do u mean propecia?

now, I have more than one issue, I searched the marked and Propecia DOESN'T EXIST HERE (UAE). pharmacists don't hear about it. so I think there may be other names for it.

another very important issue for me, is the effects of propecia on my sexual life (although I don't have one now because I am single :)), to be bald potent is much better than ... .

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, finasteride is finasteride, which is the active ingredient in propecia. there are also generic brands, but i don't know all the different names.

sexual sides are rare, and they often go away on their own. if not, you can just stop taking it and they should go away. some people actually report an increase in sex drive.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I think the best combination will be:
1. Nizoral every 3 days.
2. Propecia (1 mg) every day.
3. minoxidil.

I don't know why ppl use only propecia without minoxidil. If I am able to defend my current hair count using Propecia then I should use minoxidil to get more hair count. and it's more ridiculous to use minoxidil without propecia to get more hair If I am still losing hair.

oni

Reaction score
Because if your hairloss is not that bad then finasteride and Nizoral can do the trick, you can keep minoxidil as the back up plan. It's just easier to pop a pill.

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Wow. That actionpak guy had awesome results. That's heap cool I hope I can grow back some hair at my temples!

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been on 1mg of finasteride for 1 year now and I have noticed improvement on my temples, which is where my hairloss is.....

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
ahmedwk said:
Okay, so I think the best combination will be:
1. Nizoral every 3 days.
2. Propecia (1 mg) every day.
3. minoxidil.

I don't know why ppl use only propecia without minoxidil. If I am able to defend my current hair count using Propecia then I should use minoxidil to get more hair count. and it's more ridiculous to use minoxidil without propecia to get more hair If I am still losing hair.

I've been on the last 2 for 3+ years and had very good maintance. I added the nizoral and lasercomb in the last few months in hopes it might stimulate some regrowth. Too soon to tell, but i would suggest using those 3.