Wen for Hair Loss!

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
I have been using Rogaine successfully since 4/2013. In 9/2013, I started using Wen, specifically the Tea Tree formula. I noticed hair growth in the non-Rogaine areas!

In 11/2013, I went to the Wen Forum on QVC and saw that many people have the same results.

I started using one of the treatment oils and my results are consistent.

I'm to the point where I'm reducing my Rogaine use in less obvious areas to see the results.

For anyone with non-medical caused hair loss, I urge you to try Wen Tea Tree for at least 6 months. For additional info, check the QVC Wen forum.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
Sure, okay john.

I'm still using Wen Tea Tree twice a week. I use Rogaine for Women twice daily in 2 areas instead of 3.

The new hairs that I feel on my scalp (non-Rogaine areas) are now stubbly instead of fuzzy. The Rogaine areas are longer but still downy.

- - - Updated - - -

You will advice nothing f*cking trolling saler, go to hell you wen is absolutely bull**** that's why you advice it on people who don't have hairloss.

DON'T READ THIS THREAD ------ SNAKE OIL ADVERTISING

I am not selling anything, nor do I appreciate being called a "troll." I am sharing information on a product that works for many people and I told you what forum to go to for more info.

If you have a problem with it, then it's your problem. Don't try to block others from the information.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
Here's my update for September, 2014:

ROGAINE
I still use it twice a day on my crown and the edge of my hairline that frames my face. The growth is starting to thicken and it's steady. The new hair on my crown isn't the same texture as the rest of my hair, but it has grown to the same length.

WEN TEA TREE
I stopped using Rogaine at my hairline and in the front where it was thinning, just above my forehead. As expected, the Rogaine hair shedded.

I use Wen Tea Tree Oil overnight 2-3 times a week. I use Wen Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner once a week.

The thinning area above my forehead has a carpet of new hairs. My hairline is gaining new hairs that are the same texture. My hairline is slowly filling in, though there are still some bare spots.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe waiting for months to find some results is disappointing. In this fast paced world, we believe in instant results like laser light therapy and other effective therapies available these days. Rogaine has become an old story dude.

I'm glad that works for you!

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
My update for October, 2014:

I still use Wen Tea Tree Oil and Rogaine in the manner above. I now use Wen Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner twice a week.

My hairline has completely filled in. I have no more bald, bare or thin spots. It's long enough for me to curl the hairs around my fingers. The new hairs are fine and straight (my hair is course and curly), but I suspect that over time it will thicken. Even if it doesn't, I'm so happy it's there!

The carpet of fine hairs all over my scalp is longer and no longer prickly.

I will not buy Rogaine after I finish these last 3 bottles. I just don't have a need for it anymore, but I am glad to know that it did work for me.

I will always wash my hair, so Wen will always be in the picture. I hope they never discontinue their Tea Tree line!

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
Update for November 2014:

I still use Rogaine for Women at my crown and the edge of my hairline. I'm down to my last bottle, but will continue to buy it; at least a few more.

I still use Wen Tea Tree Oil and cleansing conditioner at least twice a week.

The new hairs along my hairline are starting to thicken and curl. The hair on my crown is still fine but getting longer.

I went to a new stylist and he asked if I wanted my hairline cut. The first time, I said no, the second time, I let him do it. He also mentioned thinning at my crown. I was happy to hear that. A few years ago, a different stylist commented on the bald spot on my crown.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
January 2015 Update

I have fine, straight hairs all over my head!

The edges of my hairline are dark and full. The space in between my edges and my hairline is full of thin, fine hairs. I can see them starting to thicken.

I am still buying the Rogaine for Women.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
June 2015 Update

I haven't checked in due to being busy with life.

I still use Rogaine for Women everyday, twice a day on my hair line and crown. The results are slow but steady.

I still use Wen Tea Tree 2-3 times a week all over my head.

My hairline is finally a hairline again. I'm waiting on the length now to blend in with my hair. My crown looks normal. No bald spots!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm glad to learn there are members who still achieve positive results from minoxidil 2%.

-

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
Thank you, ID Walker! I have been using Rogaine for 2+ years and it has taken that entire time to see results. It's a slow and steady process as well as a lifetime commitment. I think a lot of people have an issue with that.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
January 2016 Update

I am still seeing positive results from the consistent use of both products.

A few months ago, I could not find the women's Rogain nor the generic 3 month supply. I bought the men's (5% minoxidil instead of 2.5%). On my hairline, I am getting the same thinning results that I did when I first started using the women's. My left side is affected more than my right. I'm glad I know what to expect. I see why people give up on it.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
David, you have to be consistent. From what I read on the Wen forums, it should be used 2-3 times per week.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
July, 2016 Update

The thinning from the Men's Rogaine is still noticeable. It's reversing, but it will take time. I know not to use the men's version anymore.

My hairline is completely filled in. The hairs are course and dark. My crown is also completely filled in. The hairs are fine.

The Wen Tea Tree Oil is still doing me good. The hairs that grow in all over my scalp are also fine.

I'm very happy with the progress.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wen has been all over the news for CAUSING alopecia. no?

M

Mercedes B

July, 2016 Update

The thinning from the Men's Rogaine is still noticeable. It's reversing, but it will take time. I know not to use the men's version anymore.

My hairline is completely filled in. The hairs are course and dark. My crown is also completely filled in. The hairs are fine.

The Wen Tea Tree Oil is still doing me good. The hairs that grow in all over my scalp are also fine.

I'm very happy with the progress.

M

Mercedes B

I was shocked to see what an angry response you initially received from another person, smh, we are here to SUPPORT and HELP each other, right? Well, I just wanted to tell you that I have seen the effectiveness of Wen, but in all honesty I think it's Bc we stopped using shampoo which strips your hair and any products that contain alcohol is awful for your hair and scalp. My husband is a hairstylist and has access to many products but we noticed that when he started using Nioxin it helped. Then he incorporated Wen and only used Nioxin every so often. His hair is very thick and he advises his clients that shampoo is very hard on your hair and scalp. Several women took his advice and the before and afters are INCREDIBLE! Most days he just rinses his hair with water, he uses a conditioner to "wash," his hair when it needs washing but I think the scalp stimulation along with cutting out the shampoo has been the biggest improvement! He just advises to use a good quality professional conditioner and you can "wash" it a couple of times with just the conditioner and rinse. Hope this helps someone.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
Wen has been all over the news for CAUSING alopecia. no?

Buckthorn, Wen has been all over the new for causing hair loss.

Here are the facts: when people start using a new product (Wen or anything else), they stop using their old products. Because the protein complexes of the old products are no longer gluing the ends of the hair together, they see breakage and think it's hair loss. This stops when the protein complexes of the new product, such as Wen, kicks in.

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
I was shocked to see what an angry response you initially received from another person, smh, we are here to SUPPORT and HELP each other, right? Well, I just wanted to tell you that I have seen the effectiveness of Wen, but in all honesty I think it's Bc we stopped using shampoo which strips your hair and any products that contain alcohol is awful for your hair and scalp. My husband is a hairstylist and has access to many products but we noticed that when he started using Nioxin it helped. Then he incorporated Wen and only used Nioxin every so often. His hair is very thick and he advises his clients that shampoo is very hard on your hair and scalp. Several women took his advice and the before and afters are INCREDIBLE! Most days he just rinses his hair with water, he uses a conditioner to "wash," his hair when it needs washing but I think the scalp stimulation along with cutting out the shampoo has been the biggest improvement! He just advises to use a good quality professional conditioner and you can "wash" it a couple of times with just the conditioner and rinse. Hope this helps someone.

Mercedes, there are many different types of alcohols, and not all of them are bad on our hair. That's the problem with reading labels without understanding the context.

I agree, we are definitely here to support each other. I have gotten great advice and tips from people on this forum!

Slinas

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try ginger, boil ginger in water, and shampoo your hair,
Hope someone finds this helpful.

Beru

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have been to this clinic?
So far i have done 6 sessions over there and I can see the results after 3 sessions. I also try to eat healthy and not to put so much hair spray/gel on my hair. Keep the scalp clean and fresh!

For the treatment, I guess it is depending on individual, so you might want to read up more before making any decision.

-->radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/scalp-revive-scalp-treatment/