weird regrowth from minoxidil? anyone else?

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Ive been on finasteride for about 6 months and rogaine for about a month and a half. I've had random hairs regrow from the minoxidil. I've overall lost density and have shredded while on rogaine but I have very weird vellus hairs turning terminal. I thought regrowth from rogaine happened along the hairline and then continues forward (if it works for you). My regrowth however is all over the place. I have hairs turning terminal a quarter inch to a half inch infront of my hairline and temples. They look very weird and are noticeable. Hopefully this means that the rest will fill in behind them but I cant see many vellus hairs inbetween yet in some spots. I know I'm still early on my rogaine regimen but this is odd. I have to cut them so people don't notice. Also, my hairline looks rough because some areas have grown better than others. Its not a smooth hairline, it extends out in some places and in in others. Have any of y'all noticed this on rogaine? Hopefully it fills in.

Dudels

Reaction score
shocktop311 said:
Hey guys. Ive been on finasteride for about 6 months and rogaine for about a month and a half. I've had random hairs regrow from the minoxidil. I've overall lost density and have shredded while on rogaine but I have very weird vellus hairs turning terminal. I thought regrowth from rogaine happened along the hairline and then continues forward (if it works for you). My regrowth however is all over the place. I have hairs turning terminal a quarter inch to a half inch infront of my hairline and temples. They look very weird and are noticeable. Hopefully this means that the rest will fill in behind them but I cant see many vellus hairs inbetween yet in some spots. I know I'm still early on my rogaine regimen but this is odd. I have to cut them so people don't notice. Also, my hairline looks rough because some areas have grown better than others. Its not a smooth hairline, it extends out in some places and in in others. Have any of y'all noticed this on rogaine? Hopefully it fills in.[/quote

I have the same thing.
I think it's a good sign since i am very good responder to minoxidil and had massive regrowth in my first month and it's still goes on.
Only time will tell if the space between the hairline and those random hairs will fill...

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to see many vellus hairs pop up in between! It looks so bad but atleast it means I have regrown hair. I'm at the month and a half mark on minoxidil so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm a good responder!