weird pattered hair loss and rogaine

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, after reading lots of hair loss forums and websites i have found this to be the most reliable and informative for hair loss.

my question today is about my weird pattered hair loss which is identical to my mothers but less advanced, basically my entire scalp is thinning evenly effecting even the hair near my ears and back where you would call the permanent zone in a male. i had had this condition since i've been 17 and now at 21 its more or less the same i think. about one year ago i did something stupid and bought generic propecia from a website, which did nothing for my hairloss after 10 months so i quit, i am now reading into rogaine which sounds promising as it can even stimulate hair growth even in other parts of the body where DHT is not even an issue like the eye brows and beard area, since my hair loss I'm guessing is not caused by DHT could rogaine work for me?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FreeloaderUK said:
you might wana visit the doctor & get a few blood tests

:stupid:

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
all im saying is that type of hairloss is unusual in men, might be something else at work. propecia & rogaine should do something if its male pattern baldness. just make sure the propecia is genuine.

stjimmy

Established Member
Reaction score
just the propecia was legit for sure, my rare pattern hair loss is called diffuse unpattered alopecia, and also I've had all the blood tests