Weird hair loss, can someone explain?

Bazook

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 17 and have been noticing severe, diffuse thinning on the front of my hair, I think. The thing is, it's hard to tell how thin my hair actually is, because the quality of the hair strands themselves is what's worst. In the seemingly thinning area, the hair strands are finer, lighter in color, dryer, frizzier, and almost squiggly and not straight at all. I did have a Vitamin D deffiency, which apparentlycan affect hair quality. Could that be it? My hairline hasn't receeded at all, and my crown isn't thinning either. I haven't noticed excessive hair in the shower, but it's kinda hard to tell as my pubic hair falls out really easily and blends with my head hair. Another thing I've noticed very recently is that the white bulbs on the end of my shedded "low quality" hair have gotten way smaller recently. Is this bad? The "thinning" has seemed to really stagnate. It covers a bit more of my scalp now, but the areas that were already bad aren't getting worse. Overall it's really weird and I'm not sure what this could be. Hopefully it's just my vitamin D defiency.