Week 1-2: Pain in Ankles, Wrist: Regain Foam

baldymonk

Reaction score
I have been on Regain foam for 8 days.

Day 2-3: Pain in left wrist
Day 5-6: Pain in right & left wrist
Day 8 which is today. It is approx 4.20am (UK) and there is pain in left ankle BUT no pain in left or right wrist This pain has awoken me and I have decided to come on the site to report.

I can describe the pain as a ache which lasts precisely 3 seconds and seems to be occurring once a minute right now.

I never would have though Regain Foam was this strong. Did I forget to wash my hands properly letting the foam get into the nails and absorbing into the blood stream?

It is obviously attacking the joints. Just want to ask if side effects tend to go away once you get used to the medication?

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I have been on Regain foam for 8 days.

Day 2-3: Pain in left wrist
Day 5-6: Pain in right & left wrist
Day 8 which is today. It is approx 4.20am (UK) and there is pain in left ankle BUT no pain in left or right wrist This pain has awoken me and I have decided to come on the site to report.

I can describe the pain as a ache which lasts precisely 3 seconds and seems to be occurring once a minute right now.

I never would have though Regain Foam was this strong. Did I forget to wash my hands properly letting the foam get into the nails and absorbing into the blood stream?

It is obviously attacking the joints. Just want to ask if side effects tend to go away once you get used to the medication?

Highly doubt this is related to the medication. Unless you are vigorously rubbing it into your scalp so hard it has damaged your wrists ;).

If you had heart palpitations, or chest pain, maybe it would be related.

Keep in mind in the clinical studies the only side effects that happened more than the placebo had to do with on the spot itchiness, irritation, and unwanted hair growth.

Everything else you read online is probably paranoia users, or people trying to dissuade you from one hair loss product to another. That being said. Minoxidil is a medication, and can cause different sides in different people. You could be the only person in the whole world that this drug has that effect on.

baldymonk

Reaction score
Highly doubt this is related to the medication. Unless you are vigorously rubbing it into your scalp so hard it has damaged your wrists ;).

If you had heart palpitations, or chest pain, maybe it would be related.

Keep in mind in the clinical studies the only side effects that happened more than the placebo had to do with on the spot itchiness, irritation, and unwanted hair growth.

Everything else you read online is probably paranoia users, or people trying to dissuade you from one hair loss product to another. That being said. Minoxidil is a medication, and can cause different sides in different people. You could be the only person in the whole world that this drug has that effect on.

Gentle rubbing.
I am sure it is the medication. This has never happened before and it is 100% not paranoia as it is PAIN.

If it is not the medication I would expect it to go away pretty soon if it is a coincidence.

I will update in due course. It would be nice to know if side effects to go away whilst on the medication. i.e Body adapting.

baldymonk

Reaction score
Day 11 & 12: Extreme back pain like if someone had broken my back.

Both wrist & ankle pains have more or less gone.

I know feel pretty certain it is the Regaine that has caused the above and I'm confident my body will adapt to this and eventually the pains will go.

I am going to ride this out no doubt. :)

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Day 11 & 12: Extreme back pain like if someone had broken my back.

Both wrist & ankle pains have more or less gone.

I know feel pretty certain it is the Regaine that has caused the above and I'm confident my body will adapt to this and eventually the pains will go.

I am going to ride this out no doubt. :)

Pretty skeptical on that as minoxidil really shouldn't be absorbed into your symptom too much. I'll ask my Doctor.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How are applying it buddy?
I could not imagine it would have anything to do with minoxidil, I would go see a doctor....
Honestly....SEE A DOCTOR.

Minoxidil would not do this :/

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
:agree:

baldymonk

Reaction score
The side effects have gone it appears.

How am I applying it?

Three dots at the front and three dots at the back. Twice daily.

My can will last 6 weeks. Should I apply more? I read on a site a guy had great results but he used a can in one week. Does more = better?