Wear a turban?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm of Indian Sikh origin, my hair loss has gotten pretty bad now.

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the Sikh religion, one of the requirements is to never cut your hair and wear a turban. Although at least 60% of Sikhs cut their hair.

I'm seriously contemplating this now. Wearing a turban and trimmed beard (instead of full beard). I would never have to see the baldness or show it to anyone.

However I don't want to face any discrimination. I know the UK is a very tolerant place but still a turbaned Sikh is a more obvious target. Especially in this post 9/11 age when people mistake Sikhs for Afghan/Arab terrorists.

It could limit job opportunities etc.

Also tying up the turban would take at least 20 mins each morning.

It seems like a good idea but it's all for the wrong reason.

What do you think? Would any of you wear a religious item of clothing if it hid your baldness?

Imagine if you were Jewish and had a balding crown you could easily wear a yarmukle!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
you have the perfect excuse to hide your male pattern baldness

I see bald jews wearing skullcaps but don't know how they manage to fasten them on.

as for discrimination in job interviews - baldies are likely to be more discriminated against that ethnics. In fact there are a raft of laws set up to prevent discrimination against race, religion, gender, sexuality... but none for bald men! It's something that needs to be changed IMO

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You really should wear this ****ing sh*t. mudafaka!!

6a00d83451c45669e20120a678ee43970c-500wi

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
you have the perfect excuse to hide your male pattern baldness

I see bald jews wearing skullcaps but don't know how they manage to fasten them on.

as for discrimination in job interviews - baldies are likely to be more discriminated against that ethnics. In fact there are a raft of laws set up to prevent discrimination against race, religion, gender, sexuality... but none for bald men! It's something that needs to be changed IMO

LOL, bald and just got a new job. Mind you I was shaved to hide my baldness :p

I would say go with the turban, though be a little more religious? It's find you do it for one reason but include the other. I don't think you will have the problem of losing your beard in the future which will be visible to people ;)

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you would be fine, there's a lot of Sikhs in the UK right? I just got back from Chicago and the Sikhs I saw looked pretty awesome to me. One of the tenets if Im correct is not cutting your hair though so you might look funny having a Ben Franklin hair style when you take off the turban haha.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided to go with the turban. I have been shaving my hair with a 0.5 guard for the past month or so. It looks ok as I still have an NW1/1.5 hairline but there are some parts which are heavily diffused and become very obvious if I let it grow for more than a couple of days. I also felt naked and exposed to the elements with this type of haircut especially if there is harsh sunlight or cold weather, the bald spots start burning even on my brown skin :(

Yes I will have to grow out my hair, so it will be just a few steps away from a skullet, but I can handle that. I will try to become a better person and more spiritual, I already know a lot about Sikhism and its history, so I won't just do it for cosmetic reasons.
Any potential girlfriend or wife will not see the hair for a while and will hopefully not be bothered when I do tell her about it.

This is the look I will be going for, I think it looks pretty good:

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the turban. Not had any bad looks. Family have been supportive of it and I've been offered two great jobs so yeah I didn't need to worry about anything :)

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are no conotations between Sikhs, turbans and militant Islam, I can't imagine anyone in the UK would discriminate against you for wearing a turban.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You in IT?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I live in Silicone Valley. The tech resurgance since the Dot com bust has brought a huge influx of Indian people to this area. You have literally changed the economic dynamic for the rest of us by monopolizing the IT industry. San Jose is quickly becoming one of the most expensive places to live, all thanks to you guys.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I was born in the UK. Those guys in Silicon Valley are from south and western india whereas my background is North Indian. It's like comparing a German to an Italian!

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never got so much female attention as I have in the last two months of wearing a turban. It frames my face perfectly. I have a strong jaw and high cheekbones so this is accentuated in the turban.

I'm 30 and the girls checking me out on the train everyday look 23-26. I'm talking about very pretty girls.

It makes me happy but at the same time sad because of what is beneath the turban. I will have to expose this balding scalp to a girl one day and it won't be pretty.

I guess I'll cross that bridge once I get there. I'll probably start wearing a bandana at home.

I should have worn a turban in my youth when I had a full head of hair.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Yes Yes. Do it.

I am not a muslim and I don't mean to discriminate against anyone but I have actually thought of wearing a burka to hide my baldness.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes Yes Yes. Do it.

I am not a muslim and I don't mean to discriminate against anyone but I have actually thought of wearing a burka to hide my baldness.

Some Sikh women wear a turban and it makes them look very good!
hari_bhajan_kaur.jpg

IMG_45921-2005.09.12-18.11.36.jpg

A white Sikh woman

Even non sikh women who are suffering from hair loss wear turbans.
I think they are a really good option for women

kimmyfrntclover2800_web_image.jpg

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
come on man, i wanna see that long, pale, innocent, blonde princess hair as i masturbate animalistically to her

:/. aint nobody want no turban on their girl