Was It Ignorance?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
When we took the drug, probably thinking DHT is a "ZOMGBAD" androgen that does nothing but give you hair in unwanted areas, and worst of all destroyed hair in the area you wanted it most. Anyway that's how I was made to see DHT.

Been told the "bad" parts, but, of course, I don't think Merck ever listed a "benefits of having DHT and why it's very important to have and not mess with" article. Why would they when they're selling finasteride?

Then you read on after month or years, in my case it was 1.5 or 2 years, that finasteride may cause permanent sexual sides/hypogonadism, and it's only until then you realize you have slight side effects. As I believe I'm not a mess, I didn't think less white semen was a real problem. I couldn't notice a change in libido, penis size, sensation etc. since it was a two year period with possible gradual deterioration, and thinking back, I don't think it was significantly different, but yeah I believe things were bit better back then, well...except for the hair. Oh wtf the hair....damn you hair...for putting me into this mess! You see, if only a custom hair system was available to me and I can get away with problems wearing it (which I knew I couldn't because of my immediate family) propecia would have never been a path...mother *ucker.

Yes, the side effects were listed. Problem is, what the f*** is the 2% garbage coming from? Really? 2%? For some reason I think it's at least around 25 or 30, and I mean all sexual sides, slight or strong. I'm not only talking about people like Nick in the youtube video.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I don't know if its 30%, the people who have sides are going to be more common posters. Look at how many people complain on forums like this and how many are registered TOTAL, then think about how many more thousands or millions take the drug and don't ever sign up or post or anything.

I think it might be higher than 2% in reality, but maybe 5-10% at most.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess.

I really hope I'm going to be ok. :sobbing:

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree, people are very ignorant about the side effects of Finasteride, myself included, when they decide to jump into treatment.

I was desperate to put a halt to my frontal baldness which was reaching NW3 while I was only 23, so my pharmacist recommended me Propecia. I was told also that the sides only applied to 2% of those who took the drug.

However after only 2 weeks I noticed I was becoming weaker in the gym and that I had much less libido and erections. I probably wouldn't have noticed these sides half as much if I'd been a single guy, but when I was having problems getting a hard'on for my girlfriend and not finding her sexually attractive; I knew there was a big problem!

It was only after 3 or 4 weeks, that I actually researched finasteride properly on the internet and read about all the horror stories. I put 2 & 2 together and figured that finasteride being a powerful DHT inhibitor meant that it would mess with my testosterone production, thus adversely affecting my performance in the gym and the bedroom., so after a month I dropped it completely.

The pharmacist who I bought the Propecia from, had failed to warn me properly about the side effects of finasteride and even worse she told me that I would suffer the same sides with Minoxidil, which as I found out later was absolute BS!

I mean seriously, how can a qualified pharmacist be so ignorant about the sides of these commonly used drugs?? I felt so depressed and disillusioned after her damning verdict, as I thought there was no way of stopping hairloss without shrinking my penis... then I discovered minoxidil and realised that in fact, it doesn't lower libido or cause ED... 5 weeks on from the start of my treatment, I'm a much happier man!

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
And I hope your sides go away! :)

Good thing you haven't been on that for too long. Lol I've been on it for one and 1/2 years...or, 2.16 years, if what I've been taking before propecia was a legit finasteride. It was from 4rx.com, which for the most part I'm convinced was legit. Ironically, now, I'm hoping it wasn't, so it would bring me finasteride time down to 1.5 years.

Yeah dude I agree. See unlike you, I don't have a gf (nor do I plan on getting one, for reasons totally unrelated to finasteride) NOR do I work out, so you can see already how these side effects are hard to notice.

So then, if I do go out and workout, how do I notice any finasteride sides? After all I don't workout AT ALL, so if I can't lift more than 90 lbs for instance, I would conclude it's because working out is something I don't even do, since I never enjoyed it before, so I would think it's because I don't practice nor am I used to it.

Sex is a little different. I don't have a gf but ever since the age of 11 (10 years ago) I've been masting. I didn't notice any noticeable side effects while on propecia, but I'm sure had I had a gf, it would be noticeable. After all I'm pretty much certain I can get better hard-ons and get turned on more while I'm masting then while doing it with someone. Reason is I'm kind of a shy person, so any slight side effects would appear right away IMO, but since there's no such thing as shyness while masturbating :jackit:...the sides will then become more hidden. That's just my opinion though.

For the record, I can still flex and see all my muscles. Pectorals, abs, arm muscles and so forth, but I've never had too much muscle, nor do I have much fat, even though I always eat till I get full....

Bah I have a wierd body as it is.