Vitamin D and hairloss?

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
Good think you mentioned this! I forgot to talk about this! on my other post!

My penis got smaller when I was vitamin D deficient. Now that I got my vitamin D back up, I'm back to regular size... So keep up your Vit D bro.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Vitamin D is not the answer. This was a hyped thing because of a research paper. We knew from the get go vitamin D is needed to grow hair, but its not like taking vitamin D will regrow hair on victims with male pattern baldness.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It was something with a defective vitamin D receptor or certain people not utilizing the vitamin properly not just taking higher doses of it. Assuming its true its not something you could use to any practical effect.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure some one with Multiple Sclerosis thats balding would have reported a reversal of hair loss, they take copious amounts of vitamin D.

However, exposure to the sun gives you vitamin D as well, but in effect it also upregulates PGE2 expression.... I'll let you kids do your own homework on that though. :)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Calcipotriol, a synthetive derivative of Vitamin D, has been shown to positively effect a number of downregulated cells/genes/enzymes in the balding scalp. The most important being CD200.