Vitamin B12 for Activating WNT Pathway

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score

Conclusions: Our data demonstrate a hair growth promoting effect of vitamin B12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.

Ran across this and thought I'd share since it doesn't seem to have been discussed before. It is a cheap and easily available ingredient to add to topicals to cover the important WNT pathway.

Only concern is the study mentions B12 as cobalamin, while all supplements contain either methylcobalamin, cyanocobalamin, hydroxocobalamin or adenosylcobalamin - I'm not sure if these would have the same effect. Any thoughts?

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whitecoatblackhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using cyanocobalamin for 5-6 months now.

I add it to a hair lotion that I compound myself.

I suggest you temper your expectations. It doesn't do much (if anything) for hair growth.

I included it in my formulation primarily to help with premature greying, and the hair growth via Wnt was my side thought.

If you are nutrient replete, though, topical cyano or methyl cobalamin probably won't make much of a difference.

Also, the MW of cyanocobalamin is 1,355 daltons. Without adequate penetration enhancers, the chances of it passing through the SC are slim to none.