Vieo's Story: The Hormonal Route, Or how I ended up trans.

Vieo

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMAGE ONE LINK (LARGER RESOLUTION)

IMAGE TWO LINK (LARGER RESOULUTION)

So, let me start off by saying, I identify as genderqueer, but I'm actually male to female transgender. I identify as genderqueer because I'm only semi-out to a few people and, because I want to get further along in my transition before I start identifying as trans.

I turn 40 this year (2021).

My hairline started receding probably around the age of 28. I didn't really notice until, at one Christmas family gathering, my mom pointed out that my hairline was receding and my brother-in-law agreed with her. I didn't really care at the time and just resigned myself to the fact that I would go bald like my father.

Fast forward to some time after that, as I was approaching my late-30ss, I met this girl, a co-worker, and befriended her. After becoming close, I ended up falling hard for her. Because of my general social phobia, combined with my natural social awkwardness (I fall under the computer nerd archetype), I've always mixed luck in the matters of love. However, I decided I would make a move on her.

Without letting her know I was into her, I got her to reveal what she liked in a man. One of the things she mentioned was that she liked men with long hair. (I think you see where this was headed.)

So, with that information in hand, I delved deep into the world of hair regrowth. I settled on trying minoxidil first. I liked the results I got after the first 6 months, but I wanted more of course. So I added finasteride.

I'm going to yadda, yadda, yadda, you here a bit because I don't want to get into the whole story of how I discovered I trans and how I decided to transition, but basically, three things happened:

1) The longer my hair got, the more I kept getting mistaken for a woman, which for some reason I enjoyed, despite never questioning my gender up until that point in time.

2) My crush transferred to a new work location. It didn't matter, because she basically shot me down after I asked her out, but we did "fool around" later on. I guess she was only interested in physical intimacy.

3) With no crush left to woo, I decided to shave my head bald, like I had always done when my hair got to be about a half-inch in length. It was way over that half-inch mark. However, I never got the chance to cut it because after leaving work in the wee hours of the morning (graveyard shift worker), I was involved in an accident that left my arm paralyzed for pretty much an entire year.

===========

So, here we are at the present moment.

I've included a timeline picture. I have three distinct wrinkles in my forehead from furrowing my brow so much. That red line in some of the pictures marks where the first one is as a sort of landmark for my progress.

From 12/20/2018 to 11/19/2019, I was on minoxidil + finasteride. During this time, I also experimented with biotin supplements, dermarolling, an oil mixture(jojoba+mint+lavender+rosemary), and ketoconazole 2% cream.

From 11/19/2019 onward, I began HRT. My HRT regimen has been all over the place because I DIYed for the first 8 months, switching from cyproterone to bicalutamide, along side estradiol (first in pill form, then later on injections). Eventually I switched to getting my HRT through a clinic after those eight months, because my doctor questioned me after weird results on my labs and after seeing the obvious serious boobage (LOL) I developed. Now I'm on the standard WPATH HRT of spironolactone + estradiol (pills, but I'll ask my Doctor if I can switch to injections at my next appointment).

Anyway, I'd say out of the three AAs I've been on, I actually regrew the most hair on spironolactone. My hair actually got slightly worse on cypro and I started to lose some of the gains I had made since starting HRT.

So my current regimen is: spironolactone+Estrogen+minoxidil+finasteride+KetoconazoleCream+Dermarolling+Biotin+Bimatoprost

About the Bimatoprost. I start using it on my hairline on 11/07/2020 (managed to get 20 droppers at a super sale because they were expiring soon), but I don't think it's helped any. I'm down to 7 bottles now. I probably won't bother getting some more after they're all finished.

===========

Anyway. Ask my any questions if you've got em.

Attachments

• progress1.jpg
    progress1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 490
  • progress2.jpg
    progress2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 483
Last edited: