Veteran Poster Reunion

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
I want all of the ol' school posters to report in on this thread, in an effort to let all the newbies know that we are still around, and that whether we have had success or not, we are still fighting and helping each other out like a team that we are. State your successful regimen underneath...

Xzel's 4 year and going regimen:

minoxidil 5% twice a day, on hairline, temples, and crown
Saw Palmetto 320mg twice daily (for what it's worth since there has been allot of criticizm)
Grape Seed Extract Plus 2 capsules daily
Nizoral 1% Shampoo 3 times weekly

Current hair condition:
Hairloss has seemed to have stopped and density/volume is being maintained. Hairloss pattern currently between a NW1 and NW2.

Holla at cho boys!

XL

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
HairlossTalks 5 year and going regimen:

Propecia + Nizoral
for 3 years with total hair maintenance
Revivogen + Topical spironolactone Lotion 5% twice daily for 2 years
Nizoral 3 times weekly
Revivogen Shampoo on the off days - Just realized recently that this shampoo has anti-inflammatory properties.

Current hair condition:
Maintained my wall of thick hair up front while on Propecia. Lost some noticeable density in the first inch or two of hairline after I dropped it. Have managed to maintain without further loss using Revivogen and spironolactone and nizoral. Saving Rogaine for later if and when things stop working for me.

HairLossTalk.com

Axon

Reaction score
Axon's 18 Month regimen:

1 mg Finasteride daily

1x Minoxidil 5% daily

Nizoral 2% M, W, F

T/Sal or T-Gel off-days

Resutls:

Considerable improvement on the crown

Went from a NW2 to a 1.5 hairline

Maintainence

Side Effects:

None

Cassin

Reaction score
Started out in the game very late. A very thin Norwood 3. It's all about regrowth for me.

Cassin's 13 month routine

1 mg of Finasteride-Great results. Stopped fallout fast. Brief sides that went away quick

2% Minoxidil- Found out quick that this is wrothless(for me) and quickly took it up a notch

5% Minoxidil- Seems to be doing well after 6 months. Sides are rough. Irritation is massive but have calmed it down with Folligen(Copper-Peptides)

Copper-Peptides- Love the stuff. Lotion: Pretty messy but I use it on my hairline : Spray, I just part the hair and spray a few mists on it. Don't plan on going out after using Folligen but the stuff is very cheap and a $30 bottle might last 10 months.

Current condition.

I would say Norwood 2.5 ish or so. Regrowth has been getting better following improvement with irritation. Hair has thickened an amazing 3 fold. It used to be at any angle you could see through my scalp my hair was so thin, that and I only needed a haircut every 3 months. And I like my hair cut short. Now I cut it every month since it is growing at a normal rate.

Stick with it folks.

EDIT: Probably one of the best things is that I am no longer terrified to go to get my haircut anymore. It used to be a damn near tramatic experience. Getting one in 30 minutes and I couldn't care less. Just another errand before the weekend starts.

Redbone

Reaction score
Redbone

Started as a NW2.5

18 month Routine

1mg Propecia- The Best- Switched to 5mg Proscar cut into 4ths

5% Xandrox 2x- Very Good stuff

Loprox Shampoo with T/sal every 3rd- Kills all the irritation

Occasional 5g of Arginine- Keeps my stiffy happy

Lewenbergs Formula- 100% sh*t and a huge ripp-off 8 months

Green Tea- 325mg good for immune, nothing for hair

MSM- did nothing for my hair

2.5g of Biotin- dont know but I still use it cause its cheap.

Fingers crossed for hair cloning and T-cell therapy soon

Back to a Norwood 1.5 but who knows for how long.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
2 years ago used Crinagen and Folligen off and on.

Started seriously 11 months ago with minoxidil.
6 months on Propecia.

.5 mg Propecia (usually every day)
5% minoxidil in the morning.
5% minoxidil with Retin A in the Evening
1 time per day Crinagen (sometimes twice)
Used Saw palmetto for over a year but stopped after reading the last report on it.
2-3 times per week Nizoral or T-Gel.

All topicals are used only on the hairline. Have no problems with crown.

Hair loss have almost completely stopped.
Major regrowth is currently happening however that hair is still somewhat thin.
I’m still shaving my head, but plan to grow my hair back pretty soon.
Can’t wait!!!

drinkrum

Reaction score
4th year on finasteride, started when I turned 18. Results have regressed a bit since 2nd year. Side effects still pertinent (no morning wood, softer erections) but at this point I feel it is worth it.

D.

G

drinkrum said:
4th year on finasteride, started when I turned 18. Results have regressed a bit since 2nd year. Side effects still pertinent (no morning wood, softer erections) but at this point I feel it is worth it.

D.

finasteride only regiment? How has it regressed? Do you mean a gradual decline in hair count? Is your hair at least still better than the day you started? I'm hoping to hold onto at least baseline hair up top with finasteride for 5 years. Then as i get close to baseline i'll add in something else.