Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped for months because my fiancée and I had twins. Dermarolling wasn't exactly a priority and I have lost some hair.

The difference is pretty crazy when I look at photos from 18 months or so ago but I'm nowhere near back to square one yet.

I have stopped before and lost hair but it came back quickly when I started again.

We are getting married in April so I intend to start again.

Congratulations! (On both the fiancee and the twins!).

I fell off the microneedling wagon around when Covid hit. Looking back at my progress pics, I wish I hadn't quit... but life got weird and busy. That said, I look forward to starting up again as it was a real difference maker. It was easy to incorporate into my routine, until the pandemic hit, family at home for remote school, wife out of work, moved parent into long term care and had to clean/renovate/sell their house, etc. Life happened, and it was easier to put a hat on and move on with life.

Kirby 64

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, is anyone still microneedling?

I tried it literally a decade ago, when Squeegee and Princess Rambo and co were popularising it… didn’t get any results, BUT I assume we know the formula better now, and admittedly only did it for 4 months, which mightn’t have been long enough…

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, is anyone still microneedling?

I tried it literally a decade ago, when Squeegee and Princess Rambo and co were popularising it… didn’t get any results, BUT I assume we know the formula better now, and admittedly only did it for 4 months, which mightn’t have been long enough…
Did you try with minoxidil, or just on its own? Many have success when combined with minoxidil.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned the betadine connection with dermarolling and it seems by researching the post some of the best results including the studies had applying betadine before dermarolling
Also looking at all the studies with white iodine including anecdotal for hair regrowth,
Could this be the missing link we are not considering enough?
I will be starting applying betadine liberally before dermarolling now and we will see
I found this post on Reddit, from a student of the professor behind the Indian study that used Betadine prior to needling that seems to support this thought:

- https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/s/egguRikUGY

Here is a quote from that post:

"I have been a student of professor Sukesh, who was actually a co-author of the study: A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/) that you all know about, as I've read a lot on microneedling posts on this sub in the last few hours.

One thing I would like to add to some of you guys not having the desired or expected results when microneedling and everyone else can boost your results using something that you guys seem to have neglected on the study. Actually it was also neglected on the conclusion and discussion of the study but as I talked to professor Sukesh he told me that betadine played a big role on the outcome and that he was thinking of making an editorial note on that subject. This was 3 years ago, and I don't believe he ever wrote an editor's note on that subject. Anyaways, betadine is much better than alchohol that dries the scalp and facilitates P. acne growth, increasing inflamation, thus leading to more DHT on the follicules, and it is better than saline because of its tissue regeneration capability.

So, my advice and personal routine, is that you should use betadine ( Povidone-iodine ) prior to microneedling. First it will sterelize your scalp preventing infections, and it has some effect on scalp microbiome as it can reduce the amount of P. acne, and reduce the DHT excess build up in follicules by reducing a small amount of the inflamation caused by P. acnes, but the most important is that it contains potassium iodite wich can help the recovery time and also boost minoxidil action as it acts by opening potassium channels."

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a way to see all of the posts in this thread where people have posted pictures without having to search each page manually? Very hard to see the forest from the trees.

Perhaps I should get a webscraper extension.
Let me know if you figure out a way!

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
There may be some truth to this!.....I was using fine needles...almost like dental picks to scrape the old dried minoxidil off my scalp.....sort of stimulating the skin and making it better for the minoxidil to absorb into it. then I would shampoo it.....then dry it....then apply new minoxidil. Doing for a month I got incredible results!...no BS! Then after about 2 months....the results weren't so good.....but I believed it to be a bad batch of minoxidil. For some reason....I've not been able to quite capture that magic. But there may be something to making your scalp more absorbent ready.