Vade's Story

vade

Reaction score
Hello guys im new here and would like to share my story and ask some questions... first of all i wanna ask about hard water and whether it causes hair loss.. we had normal water until i was 16.. we moved to another place where the water is hard. At 18 i started having dandruff in my hair which never existed at all, i didnt care about it and i probably had some hair loss but that was not noticeable because my head was full of hair...at 19 i started losing hair at the temples and i could easily see it from pictures, im now 20 and my head is still full of hair with only receding at the temples, but i can tell that im certainly losing hair. id like to say that i decided to stop washing my hair with hard water although i dunno if its a major reason.. its been 3 months for me not using hard water but i didnt see any difference :S, also one thing to say is that my father and uncles have this male pattern baldness... so what do u guys advise me to start with ? or should i wait to see if water has any effect ??

G

Welcome, Vade.

From a scientific point of view, male pattern baldness is caused by DHT. And if your hair is programmed to be attacked by this DHT then you will lose your hair.

There are only three real treatments at the moment that can help with this. One of them is Propecia which blocks one type of DHT and Rogaine, which helps to grow hair, and keeps it in the growth phase for longer.

The third is Nizoral. This is an antidandruff shampoo, which contains a chemical that helps to ward of the attack of DHT. You will find that 75 - 80% of people on these forums use these three to help with hair loss.

Go to the main front page of this site and look at hair loss treatments for men. or click here http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/step4men.htm Read up on the treatments.

I don't use fancy words when I describe what things do. I just use the bare basics as I feel that's all you would be interested in. Does it work? Yes..... Thank you and move on.

So I would recommend you go and see a Dr. Ask about Propecia 1mg and then if he agrees that this is good for you then tell him about Proscar. Exactly the same drug but in 5mg form. You just cut the pill into 4 and more or less treble it.

Also get on Nizoral. This will help you as well. I would wait until you add Rogaine, as this is more of a pain on the *** to apply. Only apply it if you feel the other two are not working.

As for age and taking Propecia/Proscar, only you and your Dr can decide this.

But read up on this site about the tools I have mentioned above. Learn what they can do and how they do it. Once you know this you will be in better shape to ask questions in the main forums.

Good luck...

vade

Reaction score
Hey man thanks a lot for the info and im so glad you helped me because i now asked the insurance about propecia, they said they dont cover it, but actually they cover proscar and theyll pay me 80% of it's price back!!!!! :D, but the problem now is that even if my Doctor prescribes it to me ...the insurance will see that im only 20, so dunno what will happen..anywayz ill try to do some trick, my grandpa takes proscar i think lol.. so ill ask him to get more ....thanks again and good luck to all :)

G

vade said:
Hey man thanks a lot for the info and im so glad you helped me because i now asked the insurance about propecia, they said they dont cover it, but actually they cover proscar and theyll pay me 80% of it's price back!!!!! :D, but the problem now is that even if my Doctor prescribes it to me ...the insurance will see that im only 20, so dunno what will happen..anywayz ill try to do some trick, my grandpa takes proscar i think lol.. so ill ask him to get more ....thanks again and good luck to all :)

No probs. Glad I could help...

Good luck