Using propecia, considering adding more minoxidil

ChrisX

Reaction score
Hi,

i am reading this forum for quite a while, but haven't registered until now.

To me: I am from germany and i've got a hairloss problem (maybe like 95% of the people here :) ) I am considering myself a Norwood 2.5 with a little vertex thinning (no bald spots, but under bright light you can see through the hair a little).

My hairloss began when i was 16-17 years old at the temples, i noticed it but i didn't do anything about it because it was only at the temples. Then, i think it was the summer 2003 (very long and intense summer here in germany) i noticed that i was thinning at the front and i needed to change my hair style.

Then came the year 2006, i did not do anything about my hairloss until that summer. I went to my doctor and got Propecia prescribed (god how expensive is this stuff i thought?!?!?!). I am taking it since july 2006, didn't have any sides (maybe a bit dizzy at the beginning). I am not seeing any improvement when looking at my hairline (which was by the time i started Propecia mostly "destroyed") or at the vertex (but no further loss). The only thing i noticed is that i am loosing less hair i think when washing my hair. Before that, my hands were COVERED with hair (15-20 hairs) when i washed my hair. Now, i am seeing 2-5 hairs come out in the basin (is this normal or too much?) when washing my hair.

I've added some minoxidil 5% (god, again VERY expensive) to help the frontal hair line (since 2 weeks), i am using it once a day....and i am using a shampoo similar to the Nizoral mentioned here quite often (with 2% ket) 2-3 times a week.

I've today got a prescription for proscar, which is much less expensive than propecia if i take 1/4 or 1/5 pill. I would use more minoxidil, but it is REALLY expensive here in germany. Has someone of you guys any tips where i can get it cheaper? It requires a prescription here in good old germany...

Thanks in advance and all the luck to you guys,
Chris

ChrisX

Reaction score
Does nobody know where i can get cheap minoxidil 5% in germany? Rogaine (the marketing name in Germany) is really expensive here...