using propecia and still losing hair

charliesia17

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me with my problem jist last year my hair is very thick and just this year january i realized that im already losing much hair that it is visible that my friends could see it already . I tried going to a derma which i need to pay $500 a month a i dont see any improvement so i stop going there then just this april i went to a doctor to see if she could help me and she prescribe propecia. Now i have been using it for more than a month and i still dont see and improvement actually i feel like im losing more than having more hair growth. Could somebody give me advice about this. Thank You

20140330_111907.jpg this was last jan

20140519_154239.jpg this is may

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
It's normal, propecia is a long term drug, you need to at least use it for 8 months to see any improvements, in the first months you will have some shedding.

- - - Updated - - -

It's normal, propecia is a long term drug, you need to at least use it for 8 months to see any improvements, in the first months you will have some shedding.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
people usually still experience shedding for a few months after starting it

charliesia17

Reaction score
hi Thanks for your reply but then I just want to check again, can propecia ONLY without using shampoo like minoxidil or other chemical help me regrowth my hair? or do I need to use the other product too?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
people usually still experience shedding for a few months after starting it

It'll be a few more months before all of it starts to be noticeable when it grows back.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
propecia alone is effective

charliesia17

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I just feel like evetyday when i wake up i am losing my hair bit by bit. And i dmdont know when will it grow back. I hope the effect of it will come soon. Just another question when is the best time to take propecia? Is it in thr morning afternoon of night? Because for me i take it after eating my lunch everyday.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesn't matter when you take it and stop being so anxious for results soon just forget about it its effects are very slow

Mehrdad

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me with my problem jist last year my hair is very thick and just this year january i realized that im already losing much hair that it is visible that my friends could see it already . I tried going to a derma which i need to pay $500 a month a i dont see any improvement so i stop going there then just this april i went to a doctor to see if she could help me and she prescribe propecia. Now i have been using it for more than a month and i still dont see and improvement actually i feel like im losing more than having more hair growth. Could somebody give me advice about this. Thank You

View attachment 25628 this was last jan

View attachment 25629 this is may

You might be at Peak Level, It means the age when the peak level of hair loss occurs. In this stage, Finasteride (Propecia) won't even slows the losing hair.
Though, Finasteride needs at least 6 months to work but you need to add topical agents to your regime too.

I recommend using Ketoconazole %2 Shampoo (Nizoral) 3-times a week in evening (Or every day if you want!) beside taking Finasteride.

Also, stick up to your regime, Hair Growth isn't something instant or don't expect miracles within few months. and read my story/treatment (Link below in my signature \/) specially the "Psychology" part ;)

Good Luck

idkwtfish

Reaction score
You might be at Peak Level, It means the age when the peak level of hair loss occurs. In this stage, Finasteride (Propecia) won't even slows the losing hair.

He still has a lot of hair, don't you think right now is a good time for him to be on Finasteride and still get good results?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Asians have the best response to treatment with finasteride, so he will probably be good

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to know, I'm half Asian. But is this just an observation or is there evidence?

there was a study done in south korea I believe (on Asian men of course) for finasteride and the results were significantly better than the trials here in the US. I think it has something to do with the sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the follicles or something that is different in Asian populations

charliesia17

Reaction score
Hi to all ,

update for the result of my hairloss, until now im still lossing hair i still not sure if the propecia is taking effect on me or not. But the rrsult was not good enough so maybe i will also try to uae different product like minoxidil? But im not sure what brand is good. Or is the side effect is too much? Will i just wait for 6 month? Before i try shampoo ( minoxidil)? Not im on 3rd month. Thank You

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are still losing hair on finasteride after 8 months, you can consider switching to dutasteride, which does the same thing as finasteride but is more powerful/potent. You can add rogaine too, this is a good decision if you are not satisfied with your results

bram1988

Reaction score
Three months is not long enough to make any conclusions. My advice: if you have no Side effects. Keep going. If money is not an issue. Add minoxidil 5%(2 a day) and keta shampoo (minimum 3 times a week). Do keep in mind this might trigger (additional) shedding. Which might actually be a good thing. Better fight it correctly now and deal with the shedding now. You will probably be gratefull a year from now.

Psychology: take the advice. Dont worry to Much.