Using Minoxidil To Create More Donor Hair

Smackbang77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a question before I decide to get a hair transplant.

I understand that donor hairs are limited, and that their unique characteristics make them ''immune'' to alopecia.

I was wondering, would it be possible to use minoxidil on the back of the scalp to grow more hair in the back, thus creating more donor hairs ? Or is that irrelevant since it's the follicle that is being transplanted not the actual hair, and minoxidil does not create new follicles ?

thanks in advance

champy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any strand of hair that is predisposed to falling out will fall out once transplanted.

This means if you lifted hairs on the side of your head at 25, and those same hairs were meant to fall out your head at age 65, they will. Most of the time the hairs on side/back will remain forever, but some people get retrograde alopecia.

Hairs fall out once you stop using Rogaine; this means you will lose that hair that's transplanted.

Smackbang77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any strand of hair that is predisposed to falling out will fall out once transplanted.

This means if you lifted hairs on the side of your head at 25, and those same hairs were meant to fall out your head at age 65, they will. Most of the time the hairs on side/back will remain forever, but some people get retrograde alopecia.

Hairs fall out once you stop using Rogaine; this means you will lose that hair that's transplanted.

thanks for the reply man

what I meant wasn’t regrowing hairs with minoxidil, I meant growing hair that hasn’t even grown yet (hidden under the skin), if there is such a thing

for example minoxidil grows permanent beards if you get past a certain stage, I was wondering if we could grow more donor hair in an area that is resistant to DHT like back of the scalp for later use.
Worst case there are doctors who will transplant beard hair but it’s not the best...