Upping From 5% To 10% minoxidil

AussieM

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently use 5% minoxidil every night and am thinking of upping it to 10% minoxidil. I want more temple regrowth and can't imagine putting on 5% minoxidil twice a day... I use Toppik fibers so it would just get messy in the morning before work.

Has anyone upped from 5% to 10% minoxidil? Did you experience another shed? I plan to use the same brand minoxidil.

catch21

Reaction score
I can't answer your question but am curious, does using 10 percent really only require it to be used once a day?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently use 5% minoxidil every night and am thinking of upping it to 10% minoxidil. I want more temple regrowth and can't imagine putting on 5% minoxidil twice a day... I use Toppik fibers so it would just get messy in the morning before work.

Has anyone upped from 5% to 10% minoxidil? Did you experience another shed? I plan to use the same brand minoxidil.

my personal advice is to stay away from anything higher than 5%. I had horrendous shedding when I upped my concentration, however, this could have also been due to other treatments. There is no real evidence that a higher concentration positively effects the hair follicles. Also, you could experience other side effects from upping the concentration.

Get the foam. It is way easier, dries quicker, leaves your hair feeling thicker and you can easily brush out any residue and apply toppix. I have done it several times. Don't waste your money on the name brand when the generic is the EXACT same thing, just half the price. Apply when your scalp is damp, or after dermarolling or brushing with a stiff, boar bristle brush to help increase absorption. This may also increase it's effectiveness. I personally will not go back to the higher percentage minoxidil.

AussieM

Reaction score
Thanks buckthorn! I really appreciate the detailed response and ok I won't up to 10% minoxidil! Not keen on another shed lol