Updated opinion? Taking Finasteride every other day?

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So been watching The Hair Loss Show on YouTube. They were talking about how it's good to take Finasteride every other day to reduce any side effects. I plan on starting finasteride next week and might give this a go. Though wondering what anyone else's opinions/experiences are with this? Most of the threads I found discussing it are from 6 years ago.

Also one thing I'm not sure of is if you take Finasteride on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, do you not take it for Saturday and Sunday? So two days without? Would be really interested to know the answer to that.

PRIMEN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got sides even from 2 times a week. Basically it's enough to inhibit 5AR, lots of DHT and still get sides. It really depends whether you have a predisposition to experience side effects or not, how your body reacts to changes in your hormones, everyone reacts different, we're all different.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm expecting to get sides. Not sure if I should try the 1mg a day first then jump to every other day if the sides get worse.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
So I think I figured out a solution to my question. For every other day it could be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday etc. I think this is the only way the every other day works. Though bit confusing as may forget which day you're on :D

PRIMEN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can take it just every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and that's all.
So I think I figured out a solution to my question. For every other day it could be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday etc. I think this is the only way the every other day works. Though bit confusing as may forget which day you're on :D

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Primen: so it's ok not to take it for two days? Is it still in your system if you take it Friday until Monday? Would you recommend doing the 1mg a day and seeing how I get on with that before the every other day?