Update on life after finasteride

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray's post inspired me into an update, too.
Ok here goes:
It's only been two weeks since I decided to go finasteride-free. I haven't figured out if it's just for a while, or if I'm going to give it up forever. I guess it's going to depend on my success with my current regimen (see my profile).
The good news for those of you who suffer from side effects with finasteride is, despite scarey posts you've read on the site, I got back to normal within two weeks.
My erections are rock solid like they were two yrs ago before I started finasteride, and I'm definitely happy about that. I have to admit there was some anxiety about recovery from side effects. In the end, it looks like everything is all good.
Also, my hair is looking good, and I really think Nizoral and Revivogen are to thank. I'm at the 4 and 5 months with those treatments, respectively, and I feel my appearance is great...at least as good as two yrs ago when I started finasteride. I know, I know, that's subjective...but I feel good about my treatments for now.
I also should say that finasteride worked great for me, and I hope my new treatments can maintain the good work finasteride has done.