Unusual hair loss, losing hope

PerOhlin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would just start with one oral treatment at the start and see how you get on for 6-12 months.
I honestly don't think I can go on living for 6-12 months without any hair knowing I might never recover, this really sucks
Maybe im not responder to fina but it doesnt matter because i have never seen recovery from dupa on internet , forums , reddit ect.

And i don't want to take minoxidil
Yeah I keep seeing this 50% of men recover statistic but no actual success stories, seems like my life is over then no point in going on

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly don't think I can go on living for 6-12 months without any hair knowing I might never recover, this really sucks

Yeah I keep seeing this 50% of men recover statistic but no actual success stories, seems like my life is over then no point in going on
Have you gotten a blood panel and scalp biopsy? This could just be retrograde alopecia but it's worth looking into if you have thinning eyebrows, you could have a scaring/frontal fibrosing hair loss which can be very slowed or stopped by different antibiotics or topical steroids.

Not trying to be a dick but you actually have not lost that much ground in the last year. If you're on finasteride it seems like it's doing it's job. You're pulling your hair upwards from the sides with the longer hair and it reveals more of the scalp naturally. It happens to people with even the best hair.

1619643786626.png

Keep fighting the good fight but don't think that life doesn't exist after hairloss, it very much continues just the same.

Last edited:

PerOhlin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you gotten a blood panel and scalp biopsy? This could just be retrograde alopecia but it's worth looking into if you have thinning eyebrows, you could have a scaring/frontal fibrosing hair loss which can be very slowed or stopped by different antibiotics or topical steroids.

Not trying to be a dick but you actually have not lost that much ground in the last year. If you're on finasteride it seems like it's doing it's job. You're pulling your hair upwards from the sides with the longer hair and it reveals more of the scalp naturally. It happens to people with even the best hair.

View attachment 161196

Keep fighting the good fight but don't think that life doesn't exist after hairloss, it very much continues just the same.
Thanks for the advice, I was not aware of scarring or fibrosing alopecia, I'll look into that. As far as retrograde goes I'm not sure about that difference between that and DUPA, I really doubt any doctor can even help me they all just seem clueless and instead of looking into steroids or antibiotics they just say minoxidil or finasteride. I'm still not using neither treatment and I feel like I'm too far gone to even get back half of what I lost. I think I can also honestly say life doesn't exist after hair loss for me, my gf is going to immediately leave me the day I show her my shaved head.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I was not aware of scarring or fibrosing alopecia, I'll look into that. As far as retrograde goes I'm not sure about that difference between that and DUPA, I really doubt any doctor can even help me they all just seem clueless and instead of looking into steroids or antibiotics they just say minoxidil or finasteride. I'm still not using neither treatment and I feel like I'm too far gone to even get back half of what I lost. I think I can also honestly say life doesn't exist after hair loss for me, my gf is going to immediately leave me the day I show her my shaved head.
Then get a new girlfriend and get on finasteride lol. You barley look like you have hairloss, you can easily recover and maintain for years.

Retrograde is where you lose hair (thin out) at the sides upwards and nape (neck) upwards as well as as on top. To me that looks like what you have here but I would highly recommend doing a hormone & thyroid panel as well as going to a dermatologist that actually knows what they're talking about instead of a GP that doesn't know sh*t.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should take a more natural approach toward your hair and scalp health. Try using essential oils, and use more holistic shampoo for cleansing your hair and scalp. You've mostly tried everything but still got no results. This time, try to take a more natural route toward your hair health. Eat magnesium and potassium-rich foods, quit smoking, take an adequate amount of water, oil your scalp with essential oils, and use products with fewer chemicals.

This might help you greatly! Thanks!