Unhappy with American Crew Copper Peptide

The Dude

Reaction score
I just got my shampoo, conditioner, and treatment spray in the mail and was unpleasantly surprised to find perfume in the ingredients. The stuff has a pretty strong cologne type smell. I hate perfume and cologne.

Can anyone recommend another copper peptide brand that doesn't smell perfumey?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
There is this and Folligen. folligen has shampoo and conditioner and doesnt smell like cologne. But does have a scent. most shampoos do anyways.

The Dude

Reaction score
I don't mind herbal fragrances, but cologne and perfume are in a totally different class.

What about Tricomin? Does it contain a cologne type smell? What's the difference between their products and Folligen? Do you use both of them or just choose between them?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Tricomin does not smell of cologne, it has kind of a smell that is neither good nor bad. If you have ever been to a stylist where they do women's hair... thats what it smells like. Hard to describe, but definately not like Brute.

The Dude

Reaction score
Do Folligen and Tricomin basically do the same thing? Each has a copper peptide brew of shampoo, conditioner, and treatment spray.

dudler

Reaction score
Agree with you about the shampoo...

Dude,

I share some of your concerns with the Crew products. Just got my sampler CU peptide package a little while back, and the shampoo had me tearing up and hacking in the shower. The fragrance in that stuff was way overpowering. Won't be ordering that again.

However, I found the spray to have a very nice smell, and perhaps because it's not applied in an enclosed area (i.e., the shower), it hasn't bothered me at all. It has covered up some of the smells associated with my other topical (spironolactone), and it also has proven to be somewhat effective as a styling tool for my hair as well...the stuff holds my hair in place pretty well. As a diffuse thinner, it's nice to have something in my regimen that seems to have some cosmetic benefit as well.

Cassin

Reaction score
A fragrance by no means diminshes the effectiveness of the product. American Crew is a product line typically for men found in high end pricey salons. They must add the cologne type smell to increase the ability to sell. Tricomin and Folligen are not in fancy packaging and smell mediciny. There is no way it would sell in a salon.

BUT........the shampoo and conditioner is the worst I have ever used...I threw it away after 2 weeks.

The spray is not even remotely as effective as minoxidil or finasteride. Don't pin any hopes on it alone. But should you have irritation, or need a bit of help in regrowth with minoxidil,it is a very usefull add-on. Alone it won't do much at all. The cost is so minor it is worth a legit shot.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya, i wouldn't be using it alone. i'm using finasteride and plan to start using revivogen. i get crazy inflamation though. i hope it will help cure that and promote some regrowth.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
A fragrance by no means diminshes the effectiveness of the product. American Crew is a product line typically for men found in high end pricey salons. They must add the cologne type smell to increase the ability to sell. Tricomin and Folligen are not in fancy packaging and smell mediciny. There is no way it would sell in a salon.

BUT........the shampoo and conditioner is the worst I have ever used...I threw it away after 2 weeks.

The spray is not even remotely as effective as minoxidil or finasteride. Don't pin any hopes on it alone. But should you have irritation, or need a bit of help in regrowth with minoxidil,it is a very usefull add-on. Alone it won't do much at all. The cost is so minor it is worth a legit shot.
Thats very good advice and I agree with it 110% .