UK Proscar

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle,

What is the cost so I can compare with the Inhouse Pharmacy. When ordered from abroad the taxes add to the cost i.e. VAT, Customs and then the Post Office for handling etc.
Thanks.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pondle but that depends on the doseage. How much per day are you taking?

Pondle

Reaction score
£120 for 15 months supply (1mg/day) which is £8 per month. I take 1mg - 1.25mg day depending on how small I can be bothered to cut the tablet. There's little point in taking more than 1mg/day. 5mg/day gives a faster response than 1mg, but you get to the same average hair count after 12 months.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

(My son is on about 0.8 mg/d)

EDIT: He is cheaper. I have no reason to suspect it's not genuine but I suppose that he is giving prescriptions on a private basis and if registered it is likely to be genuine.

Pondle

Reaction score
You can look Dr Ashcroft up on the General Medical Council register if you're concerned about his legitimacy. I find him to be a reliable supplier of genuine, reasonably priced meds.

GMC Reference Number 3248562
Given Names John Stanley
Surname Ashcroft
Sex Male

Registration Status Registered

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent. I think this source and information will be useful to many in the UK. Shame I recently bought a large supply - but next time ...

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
yea just to add Dr Ashcroft is totally legit,i got my first batch off of him before i went the generic route :)

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
Im just curious, what is the procedure here? You email him saying hi, i want a proscar subscription and he sends them to you?

Pondle

Reaction score
Just phone or email (probably better to phone) and he'll chat to you about your condition. If he's satisfied that you're a good candidate for the drug then he'll prescribe it - send him a cheque in the post and the drugs will drop through your letterbox within a week or so.