UK Hair transplant concerned about surgeon

Rick80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hope someone can help and put me at ease a little! I have just booked an FUE transplant with MHR Hair clinic in South Manchester UK. I have been using them for the last 2 years for laser therapy, minoxidil etc and the result have been great however I really need to have some areas filled in and a new hairline restored so I have just opted for a transplant of 3500 hairs. My concern is the surgeon, all the work on the website is by a different surgeon and I can't find any before or after pictures or reviews of the new surgeon - I'm hoping you guys can help and advise me if I need to opt out! The surgeon is call Dr Vikas Kunnure, any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks all

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hope someone can help and put me at ease a little! I have just booked an FUE transplant with MHR Hair clinic in South Manchester UK. I have been using them for the last 2 years for laser therapy, minoxidil etc and the result have been great however I really need to have some areas filled in and a new hairline restored so I have just opted for a transplant of 3500 hairs. My concern is the surgeon, all the work on the website is by a different surgeon and I can't find any before or after pictures or reviews of the new surgeon - I'm hoping you guys can help and advise me if I need to opt out! The surgeon is call Dr Vikas Kunnure, any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks all
Stay away from any uk clinic. If you can afford it, go to Keser or Pekiner

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had any sense you wouldn’t go to any hair transplant clinic in the UK, much less having a surgeon associated with the infamously terrible KSL clinic performing your hair transplant.

On 3rd February 2016 I went in for my second transplant this time with a surgeon called Vikas Kunnure. He immediately asked me would I prefer coverage in the front or the back of the head as it was clearly not possible to do both. I started to panic as this was not what I was expecting or had been told. I asked to speak with Andrew Dingwall and he explained that Vikas had made a mistake and that I would get a satisfactory result from this operation. Reassured I went ahead with the transplant. At this point I was surprised to see Lauren who worked at reception in the clinic and had informed me before that she was a hair stylist in scrubs forming part of the surgical team. She would be the one implanting the follicles back into my scalp.

Once again the results were nothing short of disgraceful. I have also been left with horrendous scarring to the back of my head, permanent nerve damage and a loss of self confidence

It sounds like you‘ve done next to no research so before you make a very big mistake I think you are best heading over to the hair transplant forums and having a good look at patient reviews of the various surgeons around the world.

Last edited:

Rick80

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had any sense you wouldn’t go to any hair transplant clinic in the UK, much less having a surgeon associated with the infamously terrible KSL clinic performing your hair transplant.

It sounds like you‘ve done next to no research so before you make a very big mistake I think you are best heading over to the hair transplant forums and having a good look at patient reviews of the various surgeons around the world.
Obviously you haven't read my post correctly! I had done all my research on the 'surgeon' however once my paperwork came through I was made aware they had changed surgeon hence me asking the above question on this forum. I have tried to research the new surgeon and apart from one article from KSL I cant find any further information, hence me hoping to get some honest constructive feedback on this forum! As per the comment about UK hair clinics, I do find that odd - are you saying only good surgeon's live abroad or work abroad? If you know of the best surgeon's please feel free to drop some names on the thread as that would be far more constructive! Thanks

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
UK isn't known for top notch surgeons, not on this forum anyway. Turkey has Keser, Erdogan, Demirsoy. Spain - Couto. Belgium - Bisaga

Rick80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, been doing more research and I am a little shocked so think I will be looking to go abroad for it after reading more reviews... Couto's results look amazing but very long waiting lists :( Dr Lorenzo also looks very good, just realised I probably have to increase my budget a little as I was quoted £6500 for 3500 hairs so for either of the above it looks like double but would be worth it for the results and peace of mind!
thanks for the reply

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UK isn't known for top notch surgeons, not on this forum anyway. Turkey has Keser, Erdogan, Demirsoy. Spain - Couto. Belgium - Bisaga
Aren't Keser and Demirsoy as expensive as the surgeons in the west ?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, been doing more research and I am a little shocked so think I will be looking to go abroad for it after reading more reviews... Couto's results look amazing but very long waiting lists :( Dr Lorenzo also looks very good, just realised I probably have to increase my budget a little as I was quoted £6500 for 3500 hairs so for either of the above it looks like double but would be worth it for the results and peace of mind!
thanks for the reply
Do not do your your surgery in UK. You will have to travel abroad when you can. there are excellent surgeons in Belgium, Cyprus, etc

Hunza

My Regimen
Reaction score

You may want to look at a genuine review on Doctify.
Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 00.15.17.png

Hunza

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a review written by a medical professional, which was verified through a robust verification system for its authenticity.

Hunza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,
Hi

Please read this review. For your information check Dr Kunnure review in Google in UK and follow the link for Doctify. You will get a clear picture. Did you have a surgery after doing the research? and what was the outcome and where did you do it?
Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 00.15.17.png

Hunza

My Regimen
Reaction score

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 00.22.17.png

Hunza

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hunza

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

j44105793@

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pune has seen a rise in cases of baldness, causing great worry for those in search of reliable treatments. Thankfully, the expertise of Dr. Ajinkya Patil offers a sense of relief for these individuals. With a strong foundation in BDS and MDS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Patil has established himself as the top hair transplant surgeon in Pune. With eight years of diverse experience and an additional two years dedicated solely to hair transplantation, his skills and precision in this field are unmatched.