UK Hair salon - London Hair Clinic

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks great! I'm a Norwood 1.5-2, 21y/o. I think I might need to consider one of those in the future... I mean, you are only young once...

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
according to their website they are charging £650 to £750 per system. Thats way too much. You can get really good quality hair systems for £250.

Do not confuse price and quality.

In the video the hair line is appalling. Way too high - it should be the width of two fingers further down his forehead and the hairstyle isnt appropriate

lucky14

Reaction score
hi there i m going to london hair clinic 2mrw. I spoke to a guy called jay on the fone and having done some research I believe the guy jay runs menshair2go and there are pieces on there @ £250-£295 and stock pieces at £200. This wasnt mentioned on the fone but after i found the website and worked out this must be the same guy - hes from the north called jay and its the bloomsbury address the n i stated in an email at those prices im happy to do business and understand the cut in can be extra. However i will see face to face if im happy with the service before i take any further steps. i ll get measurements 2mrw so that will give me a good idea and i need a piece before end of may bank holiday so need to push on but being careful at same time
will let all know i go
best wishes

JayJay2015

Reaction score
MensHair2Go

I was a client of AHS then after reading the reviews realised i was being ripped off and all the bad reviews are actually true. After i finally opened my eyes i searched the internet and came across a few places like Total Cover plus, London Hair Clinic, Invisi Hair, Aspirations and MensHair2Go.

I must admit after ringing around i decided to go with Menshair2Go and spoke to the manager also called Jay. He sounded like the only real person who was genuine and sympathetic to my situation, which it seems like he has been through it all himself.

At first i was a little worried about paying £350- £495 for a hair system especially when i was paying over £2k with AHS and immediately assumed the quality must be very poor, however after i spoke to Jay i really did notice how much we get taken in by big companies like AHS. I got my system fitted and it was trillion times better than that from AHS and yet cost me a margin of the price what i used to pay with them, not only that i felt at home with Jay and the stylists, they really are just down to earth bunch of decent guys who truly want to help people that suffer from hair loss.

I dont leave many reviews except negative ones about Advanced Hair Studios, but after i finally made the move to go to another company and going with MH2GO i had to share and let people know their are many other companies out their that can help, just stay away from AHS.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was a client of AHS then after reading the reviews realised i was being ripped off and all the bad reviews are actually true. After i finally opened my eyes i searched the internet and came across a few places like Total Cover plus, London Hair Clinic, Invisi Hair, Aspirations and MensHair2Go.

While I agree with you on AHS - total rip off. I am very skeptical about your posting on these grounds.

1) You are a very recent new member with 2 posts then take the time to write long and glowing praise of MH2GO. Its not normal, unless you have something to gain.

2) Your username is JayJay - and there is a Jay at MH2GO. Are you the same person?

3) There is also a Jay at LHC with a similar accent - now I have been told by 2 different people that have used LHC - the Jay is the same person at MH2GO and LHC - selling under two different names, the same pieces at different prices. Whats the story there?

They went on to tell me to avoid LHC - high prices, rushed cut ins, dense pieces and when they called Jay to complain, he was too busy to care and there was no after sales follow up.

JayJay2015

Reaction score
MH2GO

While I agree with you on AHS - total rip off. I am very skeptical about your posting on these grounds.

1) You are a very recent new member with 2 posts then take the time to write long and glowing praise of MH2GO. Its not normal, unless you have something to gain.

2) Your username is JayJay - and there is a Jay at MH2GO. Are you the same person?

3) There is also a Jay at LHC with a similar accent - now I have been told by 2 different people that have used LHC - the Jay is the same person at MH2GO and LHC - selling under two different names, the same pieces at different prices. Whats the story there?

They went on to tell me to avoid LHC - high prices, rushed cut ins, dense pieces and when they called Jay to complain, he was too busy to care and there was no after sales follow up.

First of all whether you believe me or not i really dont care. Yes my name is Jay and the owner of MH2GO is also called Jay but their are many Jay's in the world just happens to be a coincidence. I joined recently and wrote what i did as i was taken in by AHS and came across many other clients that have also, then going to another company such as MH2GO opened my eyes to how bad AHS had treated me, thus it is really a warning for people to stay away from AHS.

When i met Jay from MH2GO, he did explain that he used to be a consultant for the LHC and owner of MH2GO which affiliated with that company but he kept the two business seperate so whichever company you contacted him on he would discuss those products. It seemed he was not happy with LHC, the manager of LHC and how they worked and decided was time for MH2GO to have it's own hair studio, all i can say is compared to the treatment i received at AHS and the crazy prices they charged this was a welcomed place. Their is no glowing report it is just based purely on my experiences. I am not here to promote MH2GO but to really let people know to go anywhere but Advanced Hair Studio !

You can be as sceptical as you want but i hope my posts help any one considering to go to AHS to think again, or anyone who is still with AHS to realise their are many other companies out their doing the exact same thing if not better, Whether its MH2GO, LHC, Total cover plus, Aspirations etc any of them i am sure will be better than AHS, i just happen to go with MH2GO, after contacting all the other companies he just sounded more real and honest and my experience has been very positive. That's it !

Ps Grincher if you want to know what the story is why dont you contact the company yourself and find out.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jay, I would urge new wearers and those thinking of it to avoid AHS as overpriced for poor products.

I have come across Jay at MH2GO and thought he as a genuine guy. He told me about his experience at AHS, which echoes your own.

This is why I can a real surprise when told about LHC and Jay. LHC and AHS are in the same clinic bracket.

MH2GO, is more like UK Hair Systems, Toplace, Hollywood and NWL - DIY route.

You seem to have done your homework very thoroughly on MH2GO and LHC :)

JayJay2015

Reaction score

Jay, I would urge new wearers and those thinking of it to avoid AHS as overpriced for poor products.

I have come across Jay at MH2GO and thought he as a genuine guy. He told me about his experience at AHS, which echoes your own.

This is why I can a real surprise when told about LHC and Jay. LHC and AHS are in the same clinic bracket.

MH2GO, is more like UK Hair Systems, Toplace, Hollywood and NWL - DIY route.

You seem to have done your homework very thoroughly on MH2GO and LHC :)

I think their are many people that have been through the same situation with AHS. MH2GO is not DIY, they offer the full services as far as hair replacement companies go. I go their for my hair systems, fittings and re grooms, from paying £65 with AHS get the exact same thing done but much cheaper. TopLace, Hollywood etc seem to all be online companies only and he did say they started of as an online company for 4 years i think and then opened up their very first own hair studio quite recently after he stopped working for LHC.

Anyways i dont want to say anymore in case you start questioning me again for promoting a particular company but the message stands - stay away from AHS !

Grincher , do you wear a system and if so where do you go?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing for several years and tried different places including MH2GO - thats when they were online only. NorthWest, a local barber supplier (supply & fit - very early on), Hollywood lace, Integrated units and several factories with differing results. Oh boy - I must have tried 7 or 8 of them - mostly to test, buts more miss than hit with them!

As I have been fully DIY for a good few years now I've settled on ukhairsystems.com

In addition, I know people offline that have had bad and indifferent experiences at both Advanced and LHC with high costs.

How long have you been wearing?

JayJay2015

Reaction score
Hmm

Seems like you are now trying to maybe promote a company which sounds like it was set up by yourself, also looks like they copied some aspects from MH2GO in regards to having a "Personal Story". I am now questioning your own motives on this site! Anyways good luck, i am happy with the company i am with and just greatfull their are decent people out their and not all of them are money grabbing scams/sharks like AHS !

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the website ukhairsystems.com and found out the following;-

The person is called Richard Bee and runs a reclaimed wood company http://www.salvo.co.uk/londonnorth/flooring/half-a-square-metre-of-reclaimed-victorian-floor-tiles-x81850x1.html, maybe selling wigs as a hobby lol, also sells on Ebay under the name GlenFox.

Grincher you have been very vocal about other companies and putting them down and online companies yet you are advertising a company that is basic, shows no address, telephone number is a mobile number, no client pics apart from one which i am sure i have seen on other website, offers no services at all..Have i just rumbled your identity :)

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have utterly lost me. You did a search on ukhairsystems and you found they sell wood and they are on ebay? Okay. Whats that got to do with the price of fish or more importantly me? "Sounds like" - sounds like you a little glue short of an attachment :)

Jay, have a look for my posts on NorthWest Lace, toplace and hollywood lace. Heck, I have probably said a few good things about TCP over the years for those that have no effort and need a piece fast.

Even in this thread I also said Jay of MH2GO was a genuine enough person. I take that back now :) - you see over the years I have tried many different places.

You need to realise people on these forums are not fooled by you joining this month, trolling some glowing praise - which is baloney, then when challenged you are ashamed and are less than honest about your connection.

To cap it, become an obsessive wacko, for all to see and to underline my theory that you are Jay of MH2GO with the highly secretive name of JAYJAY. You see I dont go around the net foaming like some rabid poster muck raking - I have actually spoken to Jay and recall his story which was much like yours - bitter at Advanced for relieving him of thousands of pounds.

Next you will be saying I'm Richard Bee in Preston on Twitter or Richard Bee the Finance Director of Diageo :) - pleaaaase. Or you have an Engima code breaker and if you type grincher really fast backwards every 4th upside down letter spells Richard Bee in ancient Greek

Will you now admit you are Jay of MH2GO? And you let customers down at LHC so much so you left there to set up your own place so bad was it? We are not blaming you, but truth and trust are important.

ps I didnt shoot JFK or Lee Harvey Oswald, before you start there

JayJay2015

Reaction score
No i am not Jay from MH2GO and secondly i really think you have no idea what you are talking about and seem to spend so much of your time trying to trash other people or other companies yet happy to promote such a company that has a website which looks like it was created by a 12 year old child and ran by a person that also sells reclaimed wood.

I am going to make MH2GO aware of this post and your comments when i go for my re groom on Thursday.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what you are on about and care even less. I just find your antics strange.

a company that has a website which looks like it was created by a 12 year old child

I am going to make MH2GO aware of this post and your comments when i go for my re groom on Thursday.

Seems there is more than one 12 year around these days :)

What exactly did you want to make them aware of in particular?

Can you let them know they have a fan club member?

JayJay2015

Reaction score
The Guru

The guru of hair systems has spoken ->Ukhairsystem.com, please visit them, they have a glowing reference from the one and only Grincher .Maybe you have received a private message from him with his list of recommended companies and ukhairsystems.com just happens to be on top of that list, hmm !

Anyways...the main point of me coming on here is to raise awareness against AHS and will continue to do so in future. People can come on here and put other companies down, or promote companies but the message is clear stay away from Advanced Hair Studios, however more needs to be done and this company needs to be shut down once and for all.

If anyone has their own stories of AHS please PM or share on here as i am going to collate as much information as i can and possibly write to the tabloids etc or get a petition to present to trading standards. If anyone has any other suggestions on how this can be achieved please share. Grincher please refrain from your opinion and comments as it is taking away the main point about raising the awareness of AHS !

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suggest PMs with anything juicy to avoid any problems as they are very aggressive so you wont see much negative about them online.

I received a PM earlier this year regarding said company from a first time wearer - a married man and pharmacist in his mid 30s.

He went to visit them in London and was given the "hard sell" - as he had visited them (not home or internet selling) his rights of readdress were restricted so beware.

They managed to part him from several thousand with their buy now for a huge discount or lose out tactic on his first visit. Within a few hours of leaving he had regrets and wanted helped. You would think most reputable companies would refund a customer so soon after, but no.

Unfortunately, he had no chance. They are ruthless.

ACB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been wearing for several years and tried different places including MH2GO - thats when they were online only. NorthWest, a local barber supplier (supply & fit - very early on), Hollywood lace, Integrated units and several factories with differing results. Oh boy - I must have tried 7 or 8 of them - mostly to test, buts more miss than hit with them!

As I have been fully DIY for a good few years now I've settled on ukhairsystems.com

In addition, I know people offline that have had bad and indifferent experiences at both Advanced and LHC with high costs.

How long have you been wearing?
I recently joined the site, just to find the new supplier. I am wearing a hairpiece for the last 7yrs.
I tried all 3 companies AHS - Total rip off, LHC with Fabian...disastrous customer service, but at least the hairpiece was OK.
But MH2G what a joke!! Totally processed Indian or Chinese hair (£495!!!), looks like a rug and not to mention Jay is one arrogant piece of work.
And the piece he is wearing you can see from the space!! In all my years the worst experience - Avoid like a plague . They moved to another place in dodgy part of Aldgate (not really presentable , and the SMELL) Rant's over! I wish I knew about this forum before could save me some time and money.
Any reviews of Optima in Birmingham, would love to give a go! Thanks in advance.