ugh frontal / temple loss again

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I have posted on here before. I was making significant progress on the top and temple region, but then i started shedding ( i hope ) , the temples looked like they were getting worse. So i shaved my head and im still on the same regeime. I also will try and get Xanadrox 12.5% from the rogaine 5%. I will send Mr Lee my medical info and hopefully be on X 12.5% in the next 2 weeks. Has anyone made any progress from Rogaie 5% to X 12.5%??

Keeping the faith

Propecia - 1x a day Nov 2003
Rogaine - 2x a day Nov 2003
Nizoral - 4x a week Jan 2004

Pce Brian

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
You gotta fight the power man, just fight the power. Go for the glory and do it for the hair. It's all for the f*cking hair at this point.

Keep the faith.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I think you have not given your existing regimen nearly enough time. You are panicking and now ordering expensive designer minoxidil as a result.

Remember, whatever regimen you start, you have to keep for life. Stick with the baseline, the Rogaine and Propecia. I can tell you from experience that hair improvement is not a straight-line thing. It comes in waves... months of improvement, then a month or two of stagnation, then improvement again.

The phrase that everyone here knows all too well is GIVE ALL HAIRLOSS TREATMENTS A YEAR before judging them. You were responding to them, and you have hit a stagnant period. This does not necessarily mean that you have stopped responding. This could just be that your hair cycle is in a period where it is simply not cycling. The hair cycle is very long, it takes time for new follicles, enhanced with their chemically-induced strength, to grow into place. And, the hair cycle is NOT random, it usually happens to people in distinct stages of marked change, usually affected by the seasons, stress, and the overall internal chemistry in your body. Ride it out. Keep the expensive minoxidil you ordered in your back pocket... perhaps sometime in the future when you skip an application of minoxidil you can use the 12% to make up for it. I'd stick with the 5%, at least for a year. You were responding to it, give it time.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
What the gardner said is true. I'm on minoxidil 14 months now with good results. But still, every once inna while it looks like my hairline gets a bit worse for a bit.

If you do decide to use a higher minoxidil concentration, I'd skip the 12.5 xandrox lotion. Never heard of it doing much for anyone, other than more shedding. Minoxidil in lotion form is unproven.

Go with the 15% xandrox solution. I've heard more good about it in the last 6 months (since oct. release) than I've ever heard of the xandrox lotion. Haven't tried either myself yet.

Btw, you don't have to send Lee your medical records or anything. You just email them (addy is at minoxidil.com) requesting a consultation. They email it to you, you print and fill out, then fax/mail it back to them, then they email you an OK to order. If you're outside the US you can order without the consult and $20 consult fee.

Fight On, Hair Warrior!

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh and hey, it might be de best to wait til the 1 year point on 5% before upping the dose.

Since you've also got de shaved head, if you order from Lee, you should get one of his 'dabber' bottles. I find it's a great way to apply minoxidil to my hairline post-shower. For a shaved head the dabber bottle would be an efficient method to cover all areas quickly and easily with minimal product.

Think the dabbers only cost 1-2 bucks.