Tribulus Terrestris

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Tribulus Terrestris can increase the rate of hairloss in people who are susceptable to male pattern baldness?

Apparently it can increase Testosterone by as much as 80%.

I took Tribulus every day for about 18months to help give me energy for the gym. I am now thinking this may have been a mistake.

Any thoughts?

Sorry I meant to post this in Vitamins, Herbs, and Supplements for Hair

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
If it really increases testosterone then it would also affect your hair. I suppose that's some sort of plant or food supplement? I really doubt that increases your testosterone by that much if it is.

michael barry

Reaction score
You might try a few minutes of moderate cardio before you hit the weights for more energy...................getting nice and warmed up.

A healthy diet will also increase enegry.

Im shocked that men who are concerned about hairloss play around with steroids and other methods of upping testosterone to very high levels. Jose Canseco is an anomally with splendid hair genetics, most of us who lose alot of hair very fast if we took andro, dinabol, winstrol and various other steroid concoctions.

michael barry

Reaction score
You might try a few minutes of moderate cardio before you hit the weights for more energy...................getting nice and warmed up.

A healthy diet will also increase enegry.

Im shocked that men who are concerned about hairloss play around with steroids and other methods of upping testosterone to very high levels. Jose Canseco is an anomally with splendid hair genetics, most of us who lose alot of hair very fast if we took andro, dinabol, winstrol and various other steroid concoctions.

psych721027

Reaction score
Tribulus Terrestris, is a very bad idea. So are all those testosterone precursors like Androstenedione, etc. I didn't give them much thought at the time, but looking back on it, in that time frame, I believe I totally lost most of the hair I have lost so far due to taking those suppliments. At the time I was totally oblivious and naive about hair loss. Wish I knew then, what I know now. I'm sure I wouldn't have too much of a problem now if I was informed back then. I'm about a Norwood 2.5 currently and I bet that when I used those suppliments, I must have lost at least 1 Norwood just in the short year or two I was on them.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here

psych721027 I had the same experience. I took it to help with my weight lifting but I didn't understand how it worked or how it could affect my hair. At the time I didn't even realize I was thinning. I have no family history of hairloss and I didn't even give it a thought.

I think that while I was on Tribulus and other supplements I experienced most of my hairloss. Anyway I have stopped taking them now. No point crying over spilt milk.

psych721027

Reaction score
They should put on the bottles possible side effects on those things. Especially for those that aren't well informed.

WARNING: May cause or significantly advance male pattern baldness.

How many guys would be on that stuff then? Not many I think.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First of all, taking trib won't raise your test levels unless they are abnormally low to begin with. Anyone that is under the age of 30 most likely, will not see any rise in test levels from taking Trib.

I've seen posts from a few men that had low test levels in their 20's take it and their test levels did increase.

Summed up:
Under 30 with normal test levels = Trib does nothing for you
Over 30 = Trib works for most
Under 30 with low test levels = Trib works

GC

Reaction score
Harie said:
First of all, taking trib won't raise your test levels unless they are abnormally low to begin with. Anyone that is under the age of 30 most likely, will not see any rise in test levels from taking Trib.

I've seen posts from a few men that had low test levels in their 20's take it and their test levels did increase.

Summed up:
Under 30 with normal test levels = Trib does nothing for you
Over 30 = Trib works for most
Under 30 with low test levels = Trib works

Agreed, No tablet can increase your testosterone production by 80%. Trib is a gimmick.

Not even andriol (Prescription oral testosterone) will be able to make those claims.

Tribulus would have absolutely no harm on DHT levels, and if any did exist, they'd be too minute to blame as a cause of hairloss.

Just my 0.02cents.