Trial update from Intercytex

Durandel

Reaction score
I totally understand your pessimism. We don't have any solid evidence at this time, either way. The Intercytex statement implies positive progress, but doesn't back it up with exciting data. However, the statement from Intercytex was aimed at shareholders and certainly intended to convey the message I've outlined. There is nothing in the statement that could be construed as particularly negative. If you're putting a negative spin on it then you're doing so based on emotion rather than evidence.

Intercytex is strictly a (small) research lab, and the government loan in 2006 was small & for very specific equipment. It was inevitable that Intercytex would have to take on appropriate aesthetic industry partners for rolling out a high potential cosmetic product such as this. They don't have the practitioner relationships or customer presence to do it any other way. Also, Intercytex doesn't have ANYTHING on the market yet, so it needs to keep costs down until its developments can go commercial. Therefore to protect the share price Intercytex needs to cut running costs by sharing the load with partners, which is exactly what it's doing.

In the absence of clear evidence all we can do is interpret events and statements. Given the current sources these are obviously going to have a positive bias. Previously we've had encouraging but very limited clinical data. On the face of it this new statement is a positive development indicating that ICX-TRC is now ready to attract a suitable partner and move toward more commecial development. That's all we really know...

Personally I do hope to see ICX-TRC first launched in about 5 years. Intercytex have already formally reported positive trial results (though in a vague way). If they're now confident that the completed Phase II trials have proved the efficacy of ICX-TRC such that it's a saleable business proposition, then that's a massive step forward! I think 5 years is a reasonable number, allowing 3 years for further trials then another 2 for govenment approvals & practioner training. Of course I'm just guessing, but from what I've read about the trial/approval process it seems those are reasonable timsecales.

The main reason I can think of for this not coming out on roughly that timescale is if it doesn't live up to expectations in further development. So I think this really all boils down to one question - how well does it work? Sadly, that's not something we're going to find out anytime soon.

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
Five years!
Such a long time, especially if you don't respond to propecia!

Seriously though, whats the point if you've already gone bald (which in five years I will have). Everybody knows that you haven't got real hair. Its tantamount to an expensive wig.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
No, we don't give up our friends...that is irrational.

The point here is that we have to accept that we are going to be visibly bald. Guys even if this stuff does come out...it will be an adjunct to transplantation and we will still have to stay on meds.... this is not even a fffucking cure. We have to accept this ssshit.

So... what are you going to do? Cry that you are not gonna be as pretty anymore? Waste your ffffucking life?

Hair loss has destroyed my sense of wellbeing and I am just beginning to get it back... you reach a point where you just can't hold yourself back anymore.. either you are going to blow off your ffffucking head or be a man and move the fffuck on.

In 100 years, we won't even be around, and there will be a new generation of anxiety ridden individuals obsessively research whatever cosmetic affliction they have, consuming their thoughts and lives. I don't want to be one of those people anymore. I really think this board makes things WORSE for people SOMETIMES!

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think so dude , HM will be like a permenant cure for us. I am really hoping that it works and i am thinking about it everyday. IF it works, i wont have to wake up every morning thinking about how much my hairline has receeded , take propecia anymore that sometimes give me brain fog and other sides and most importantly feel normal again without hairloss bordering all the time.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I think we should all wait until it's actually released to hail it as the cure or not. However coupled with your normal hair transplant, with a good amount of donor hair you can speculate that almost anyone who responds to the treatment Will be able to get a good head of hair, Be different for everyone I imagine.

But it's all wait and see, It depends on what state the hair that you get from HM does when faced with dht, we may very well have to stay on meds, if that is the case most of the HM hair wouldn't be permanent depending on how well you respond to finasteride. which adds another what if since some people don't and some respond to the sides so bad they can't take it.

Too many what ifs.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
None of that has anyting to do with their hair restoration programme unfortunately. That's to do with their skin regeneration work.

Bones

Reaction score
True but this of sign of credibility for Intercytex. Also the funding for the skin regeneration research may indirectly make more funds available for the hair cloning program.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to continue on finasteride when HM is out , the hair that is cloned will be DHT resistant !

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
True but this of sign of credibility for Intercytex. Also the funding for the skin regeneration research may indirectly make more funds available for the hair cloning program.
----------------------------

Fair point, but the possibility of medicines/techniques to cure skin wounds seems more achievable in the short term than cloning hair IMO. Also, the skin regeneration procedure would be more useful for the government; ie. for the army, and also for general medical use, which is seen as more important than cosmetic use.

Why do you need to continue on finasteride when HM is out , the hair that is cloned will be DHT resistant !
------------------------------

Yes, but assuming you still have some hair, finasteride will preserve this longer. HM won't stop your 'original' hair from thinning.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The barrier to commercial success for ICX-TRC is relatively low, being the ability to increase hair count in transplanted or thinning areas.Are they saying the drug doesn't work in conjunction with hair transplants or even for thinning areas- then whats the f*****g point? Their basically admitting this sh*t doesn't work. Somebody please prove this wrong.