Treated with DCP for 6 months and left with burned skin

SamJD

Reaction score
Hi...I am 31 years old and suffering from AA (unknowingly..) since I was 17. I came to know very recently, a year back, about my ACTUAL Problem. I lost about 80% of hair, finally a doctor had found it out. I was suggested with DCP Treatment and treated for 6 odd months. Until now I have not seen any regrowth of hair. These 6 months were very tough in my life. I was treated weekly once and asked to stay away from sun for 2 days (I did so). Due to this DCP Treatment my skin on head turned to very dark in colour and seems as darkness stays on. This is due to the burning sensation of the DCP. I stopped the Treatment 6 months back and left with dark coloured skin on my head. Anybody having the idea, if the darkness stays on continously? Is there any meaning to it (like hair tissues got damaged due to the DCP....etc) ? Before starting DCP Treatment, they tested my tissue samples (from head) and reported as they are active. Now I am scared to go to any doctor regarding any kind of Treatment for AA. Please answer my questions if anybody having knowledge of such experiences. Thank you in advance....