Transplanted to be able to shave head

receded83

Reaction score
There are many solutions to scars, all kinds of treatments. So scars fade
and disappear. Why isn't it then possible to shave your head after a strip procedure and you won't see a scar?

And regarding FUE: All doctors i have talked to say that you will have scarring with any kind of procedure. Why are everybody talking about that you can shave your head if you have FUE??

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
For one thing the scar can be pretty large sometimes and vary in width. You can never fully eradicate a scar anyway, and it's not so much the scar, but more so the fact that hair will not grow in that spot. So even though you remove the scar "look" IT's still going to be scar tissue line where hair won't grow. If you know what I'm saying.

Those Dr are talking sh*t because they don't do FUE. It's been very well documented that FUE does leave pin prick scarring, but it not noticeable at all with a shaved head unless you put a magnifying glass upoto it.

FUE all the way if you got the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

G

Both methods leave scarring behind plain and simple. Closing techniques such as the trico closure can definitely diguise a thin linear scar but never eliminate it.

And don't be fooled by these "claims" that FUE does not leave visible scarring because I've seen many, many pics to date and the mid to larger cases can and DO show scarring and/or motheaten donor zones, etc, etc. I will concur that the smaller FUE sessions are harder to detect. And the reality of it all is that most patients who have male pattern baldness and then later elect to have hair transplant surgery will need and want "thousands of grafts" over their lifetimes. How many patients that have male pattern baldness can get by with 1200 grafts or less over their lifetimes? Not many, if any. So try to think of the big picture. Do you really think that upwards of 4,000 plus extractions from your donor zone won't show scarring? :roll: Think again my friend...And especially when your scalp tans in the summer months? The back of your head can look like a honeycomb from the contrast. I've seen it all too often.

Here's the bottom line. And I always feel like I'm repeating myself on this point. Any patient needs to recognize that whether you do FUE or strip, the chances of buzzing down to a number one guide or shaving the scalp without showing effects of hair transplant surgery is very remote. The exceptions are extremely few.

It's very possible to keep a thin linear scar hid with 1/2 inch plus hair length. But FUE is different. Density in the donor zone can be compromised and depleted to the point that it looks so thinned out that guys start putting BH back to replenish their donor zones. That's like paying twice for the same procedure!

I strongly encourage you to think in terms of your needs "over your lifetime" because that is in your best interest!

CCS

Reaction score
sorry I cant say much about FUE. I have not recently shaved my head. I will in a few months after all the healing finishes. But I can say that even with 1/4 inch of hair It is extremely difficult for me or my brother to find my linear scar. Not the case when I went to bosley. My bosley scar looked like a hat mark when my hair was 1/2 inch and was clearly visible when my hair was 1/4 inch. Many transplant doctors are like that or worse. While there are many doctors, and even many micro graft doctors, only a handful in the world are qulified. The only good thing about bosley is they can do the recipent area well, and the numbness was non-permenant. I feel sorry for the guys whose head is numb. I know one of them. He went to bosley, though. I guess I just got lucky. I went to Dr Hamilton in scotsdale, whereas he went to someone in LA.