transplant for a shaved head? ideas?

oneill21

Reaction score
hey guys-
i shave my hair close with a short 1 clipper- is there any way to fill in the places where it is receding? i'm getting the horseshoe pattern and i'd like to fill it in a bit in the temples and crown but keep it the same length. i know it may sound silly to get a transplant when the hair is so short anyway. can they take donor hairs that short for a FUE? would body hair work better for this? any thoughts or ideas are welcome- thanks!

G

oneill21,

The one thing all hair transplant patients must realize is that the probability of wearing one's hair that short is not realistic UNLESS:

* You have strictly FUE done and yes the body is feasible to draw from but the chances of it standing alone without any scalp hair blended with it is remote. So at some point you will need scalp donor in the equation.

* You need very little work over your lifetime.

Any patient with male pattern baldness will progress with hairloss over their lifetime, some more than others. If you are still pretty young say under 25 years old and already seeing recession with the horseshoe pattern of diffused thinning you referred to, you can bet your boots that you're going to want/need alot more work than the loss you are presently seeing in the mirror. Remember, once you start surgical hair restoration, you are committed to future procedures.

Have you resarched the effects of shockloss both temporary and permanent? Are you taking any hairloss meds?