Toppik, use with or without hairspray?

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
I am curious as to whether most users of toppik use it with or without hairspray. Pro's and Cons.

I have to say, personnaly, I don't get a very natural look with it and it does smear somewhat along the hairline. Also, if I comb my hair after applying it I sometimes see lines on my scalp where the comb stroked the scalp.

Are there any unlabeled tricks to its' use, or do you just need to be lucky enough to have enough small hairs/fuzz for the fibers to be attracted to, to get a good result?

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik sucks!!! It looks like specs of dust or colored dandruff in your hair. Try dermmatch or Prothik. I use both with amazing results.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
Basketballhead,

Thanks for the feedback.

What are the pro's and cons of prothik vs. dermmatch? Have you ever tried couvre, and if so, how does that compare?

varmax

Reaction score
Hey guys i used toppik but i dont find it too good. I have been using GLH for the past year and i absolutely love it. It does have its disadvantages like the dust settles on the bath tub and the sink( actually all over the place). And the hair will feel like u applied glue to it. The biggest problem is it sticks to ur pillows when u sleep. As i use black my GF is very annoyed with all the black dust collecting on everything. The best way to use it if u r a diffuse thinner like me is to actually apply it in the night and wash it with just water when u have a shower in the morning. That way the excess gets washed off and hair is more manageable and doesnt feel like u have a bottle of glue in ur head. At only AUD$13 its very cheap too.
Hope this helps.

grtt

Reaction score
GLH? it is a spray isn't it? I have ordered it once but I really don't like sprays, it's like colouring your scalp and that's all! Plus the fact that if someone touches yo, he/she ends up with a black hand!
I prefer Toppik since hair fibers bond better. Couvre on the other hand is like colouring your skin again, and people can notice it more easily. I use Toppik many years now with no problem at all..(hopefully I won't be needing it in a few months anyway!)