topical spironolactone

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
how does this stuff work for you guys??

as im sure you know, i hate the shed on minoxidil and im thinking of just going with the spironolactone

whadya think??

bombscience

Reaction score
Go with both! Dont give up on the minoxidil just yet if you're looking to regrow some. spironolactone *may* regrow some hair, but it will most likely save hairs you haven't lost yet. I say stick it out brother. If I've made it this far, you can too.

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
For me topical spironolactone was what I needed to get the edge for regrowth, it just wasn't happening until I added the spironolactone. Good luck

bombscience

Reaction score
thinstinks said:
okay bomb i will, but you better let me know when you see a light down this tunnel

Word, I'm ordering some spironolactone off of Dr. Lee's site. Going to start applying it nightly...

But i would stay try to stick with minoxidil for now... see what it does man... you're going through a normal shed. If it keeps up into week 9, then start freaking out.

Like me.

Kidding.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hit this with a tangent, but Bombscience, I noticed Saw Palmetto is still in your tag,. did the psychological side effects subside? I'm thinking about adding it too.. though I have also read a bit about taking it as a topical.. if effective, that might be a better route, though god knows just taking the pill is way easier.

To put this back on topic, lots of people have reported good success with spironolactone. I say go for it. I was concidering it myself but now am looking at another topical called Zix.

bombscience

Reaction score
flux said:
Sorry to hit this with a tangent, but Bombscience, I noticed Saw Palmetto is still in your tag,. did the psychological side effects subside? I'm thinking about adding it too.. though I have also read a bit about taking it as a topical.. if effective, that might be a better route, though god knows just taking the pill is way easier.

To put this back on topic, lots of people have reported good success with spironolactone. I say go for it. I was concidering it myself but now am looking at another topical called Zix.

Flux,

I do a neat little trick... I've found that Saw Palmetto caused havoc on my emotions during the day so I pop 160mg before I go to bed. I then take my Propecia in the morning. I figure it's a nice little way to distrube some DHT fighting power.

It wasn't a consistant emotional thing... but there were days where I was a mess. It seemed to ween after a while, but overall it was unpredictable. I just let it work while I sleep now.

Not sure if it's helping however :-/

Also, what is Zix?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It hasnt effected your dreams has it? Are you one to remember them?

Zix is a homemade topical made from zinc and b-6, which supposedly dramatically reduces DHT in the scalp. It gets a lot of play at hairlosshelp.People have reported success, but best of all, its really really cheap.

bombscience

Reaction score
flux said:
It hasnt effected your dreams has it? Are you one to remember them?

Zix is a homemade topical made from zinc and b-6, which supposedly dramatically reduces DHT in the scalp. It gets a lot of play at hairlosshelp.People have reported success, but best of all, its really really cheap.

No dreams were really affected, but i do have this one reoccuring dream about a serial killer.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting,. when did these dreams start? You think it could be tied to hair loss? I am always looking for the symbolism in my dreams, and have had a few that were clearly related to my anxiety regarding my hair loss. The serial killer could be your anxiety out to kill your sense of self.

bombscience

Reaction score
flux said:
Interesting,. when did these dreams start? You think it could be tied to hair loss? I am always looking for the symbolism in my dreams, and have had a few that were clearly related to my anxiety regarding my hair loss. The serial killer could be your anxiety out to kill your sense of self.

Yeah I read The Lovely Bones recently which had a serial killer in it, but I pictured him as man with combover. This is the man that appears in my dreams. He also has thick big rimmed glasses and is chopping my friends up into little pieces. Wonderful right?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ever dream lucid? You gotta face him down, bro.

I was having nightmares a couple nights ago, some bad ones 'n I usually dont have dreams like that. I finally woke up in the middle of the night wondering if I had the balls to go back to sleep and take more. I thought about it, and decided to be balls on, that I'm not afraid to die (symbolically), went back to sleep, and had a really great dream.