Topical Melatonin Hairloss Literature

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks Armando. I initially posted the study but tried to delete the thread. I found out the one company performed all 5 studies and that company is the one who sells the topical formulation and at a very high cost. i don't know if we can take these studies seriously

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, I understand you,..Fischer, Elsner, and Trüeb.., I have a patent with jojoba plus melatonin for hairloss, a lot of years ago, I knew that the lotion only stop the process but dont regrowht new hairs, only exist this possibility when the hair loss is recent.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started a topical of melatonin, ginko biloba and biotin while using the dermaroller. Studies have shown that gb & biotin enhance the effect of melatonin. Time will tell.

Helios

Reaction score
I just started a topical of melatonin, ginko biloba and biotin while using the dermaroller. Studies have shown that gb & biotin enhance the effect of melatonin. Time will tell.

Where did you get the topical melatonin from?

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
up

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681103/

other
J. Pineal Res. 2008; 44:1–15
Doi:10.1111/j.1600-079X.2007.00512.x

"The increase in the hair count was 29.2% (3 months vs. 0 month) and 42.7% (6 months vs. 0 month); both values were statistically significant (P < 0.001) (Month 0: 85.76 ± 27.0; Month 3: 110.82 ± 31.7; Month 6: 122.35 + 40.5). In the case of hair density an increase of 29.1% and 40.9% was determined after 3 and 6 months, respectively (Month 0: 123.15 ± 39.0; Month 3: 159.03 ± 46.8; Month 6: 173.56 ± 58). The differences among the hair density values were also significant (P < 0.001)."

this is srlsy intresting ..in theory, has anyone tried add melatonin into his regimen?? can't find any testimony

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
The PubMed article references a company by the name of Asatona AG which is a Swiss company under the section "Development of a pharmacological formula". http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681103/

Living in Switzerland, I wondered if I could buy the product myself. A quick Google search yielded the relevant info:
  • Asatona has a website where you can buy their product from the US (only?!) at 70$ for 20 daily doses (!).
  • Bayer bought the patent (or licensed it?) and sold the product as "Priorin LF". This product has now been discontinued, for whatever reason (http://www.pharmawiki.ch/wiki/index.php?wiki=Melatonin).

So either it doesn't work or it was too expensive for little gain and no one bought it.

willneverfail

Reaction score
Just signed up to this forum to comment on this. So, I came across melatonin a while ago and the same study mentioning Asatona. Decided to try the product. I paid the $140 for the 60 day dose. So far, I've been through 20 days. Not much to report, but I wonder if anyone else has had an experience using Asatona / Asatex

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a melatonin lotion with two baldies Norwood 6 friends without results, no new hair growth.