Topical Finasteride Half Life and Binding Capacity

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Do anyone here knows for how long (if any study was done more detailed) finasteride applied topically (or even systemically if we can correlate the findings) binds to tissue/5 alpha-reductase enzyme in the follicules supressing DHT locally? I know that orally taken serum half life of finasteride is rather short, max 7 hours more or less. But studies mention that finasteride is able to bind to tissues for as long as 4-5 days. Can we assume/translate the same 4-5 days of binding to follicules 5 alpha-reductase enzyme when applied topically? If so why apply it daily and not like in 3-4 days intervals since finasteride seems to show such affinity and binding capacity?

By the way im starting finasteride topical 0,025% (1ml daily = 250 μg). Intend to add 1mg oral minoxidil in the future. I still have some hair, like between II and very early III norwood, but i would say more II.

blue16

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get such a low concentration of topical finasteride from? The lowest I've seen online is 0.1%.

nmcbs

My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way im from Europe. well i got a prescription for it. At first the doctor wanted to prescribe 0,25%, based on the new spray device from the 2021 study. But for people that still have some hair and not noticeable bald patches it is a pain to apply with that device and reach the scalp. So i told her that and asked instead for a manipulated prescription of 0,025% in order for me to apply 1ml with a serynge.