Top Chef

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else on the boards watches that show, but there were a lot of shaved heads on there this season.

Attachments

• Stefan Richter.jpg
    Stefan Richter.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 917
  • 293.ad.TopChef.Hosea.022609.jpg
    293.ad.TopChef.Hosea.022609.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 162
  • TC-TobyYoung.JPG
    TC-TobyYoung.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 936
  • tom_colicchio_top_chef.jpg
    tom_colicchio_top_chef.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 172

s.a.f

Reaction score
Any crazy theories?

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not a dig at the thread starter. But I don't actually know what these threads are for? To acknowledge that there are bald people in the world? :dunno:

cuebald

Reaction score
THe majority of teachers at the school I work at have male pattern baldness, so maybe it's related to stress?

ali777

Reaction score
I want to add Heston Blumenthal to the list.

He was on the news today. Apparently there was a food poisoning outbreak in his restaurant this week and they can't find what caused it.... Maybe the human body doesn't take his Frankenstein approach to cooking :dunno:

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
[quote="s.a.f":2vcf5ncx]Any crazy theories?

Yep: they are all chefs, so need shaved heads so no hair falls in the food.[/quote:2vcf5ncx]

lol! Oops, i thought it said "chefs" as in the food preparers... nevermind. :$

s.a.f

Reaction score
Freedom Coder said:
[quote="Freedom Coder":3lyesvb1][quote="s.a.f":3lyesvb1]Any crazy theories?

Yep: they are all chefs, so need shaved heads so no hair falls in the food.[/quote:3lyesvb1]

lol! Oops, i thought it said "chefs" as in the food preparers... nevermind. :$[/quote:3lyesvb1]

He did say that, but as far as I know they are'nt shaving their heads to avoid food contamination.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed this as well. Makes me feel good because I think Bravo is a very shallow channel, but I'm glad they weren't afraid to pick two skinheads for this season to go along with the skinhead judges.

BTW, Stephan really should have won.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hhj1247 said:
I noticed this as well. Makes me feel good because I think Bravo is a very shallow channel, but I'm glad they weren't afraid to pick two skinheads for this season to go along with the skinhead judges.

BTW, Stephan really should have won.

I agree, Stefan or Carla. Hosea wasn't that great. Bravo is generally ridiculous, but I worked in restaurants for a while, and there does seem to be some substance to Top Chef. That challenge where they had to recreate Eric Ripert's food seemed incredibly difficult.
The producers of the show noticed it as well. Did you see the last episode, the get together thing? The had cartoon pictures of Hosea, Stefan, Tom, Toby and Eugene with hairdo's. The funny thing is, I think Eugene has a full head of hair and just shaves it down to look tough. They asked Stefan and Fabio some question about the best physical attributes of the contestants, and they both chose Jeff's hair. I figured at least Stefan would know that Jeff's hair won't be around for long.