took finasteride for 2 months and stopped (shedding issues)

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
does finasteride cause a lot of shedding? when i first started i was taking 1mg twice a day for about a week and a half and then stepped it down to 1mg once a day.

i saw shedding on the top of my head as well as in the front of my left side. is this normal for a propecia shed? i am on minoxidil as well right now. could thiscause the issues as well? what do you think my problem is? do oyu think ti will grow back now that im off propecia?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
does finasteride cause a lot of shedding? when i first started i was taking 1mg twice a day for about a week and a half and then stepped it down to 1mg once a day.

i saw shedding on the top of my head as well as in the front of my left side. is this normal for a propecia shed? i am on minoxidil as well right now. could thiscause the issues as well? what do you think my problem is? do oyu think ti will grow back now that im off propecia?

Have you read the explanation of shedding on this forum? Or the introduction to treatments?

Since you ask: I think you're problem is that you quit. Will it grow back? Sure it will, it is just going to sleep for a few months. But since you stopped Propecia most likely it will grow back weaker eventually. Could minoxidil cause this issue? Have you read anything about minoxidil? We don't know when you started taking it, but it can cause major shedding. Most people get it, and try to ride it out. If you don't, well what do you expect? You will not have been magically cured from hairloss, so it will resume. If you decide to stay off the drugs (which is a good option too), please don't go around forums to report that finasteride and minoxidil don't work because you haven't given them a chance.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

1mg twice a day? That dose is redicoulosly high, no wonder

AlistairS

Reaction score

I think you're meant to take 1mg once a day