too much growth?

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am 21 and was on 1mg finpecia for 3 months, ordered propecia then noticed the finpecia was working in my temple areas so im about to go back on finpecia

I have growth in my temple areas, and the side of my heads have started to grow back as it was pretty much a flat line down before (if that makes sense)

but, im having growth on my eyebrows... it appears that hair has fallen out from them so this makes sense... but a little bit excess couple of hairs above my eye brows

now it appears that on the sides that the growth is extending with little hairs popping up a bit further than expected (tiny ones)

is there a problem? or is this normal regrowth and im just over reacting? ive read that propecia only grows in the hair regions but still...
should i cut down to 0.5 mg a day? does this work?

thank you

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't worry about tiny hairs popping up. u won't turn into a hairy monkey! 0.5mg should be 80% as effective as 1mg, but apparently sides are a lot less common on 0.5mg. your choice.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
This can be a side effect of minoxidil but definitely not finasteride. It makes no sense...if anything, finasteride would reduce eyebrow and facial hair. Are you on minoxidil?

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Too much regrowth on finasteride? :lol: I wish I had that problem!

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
:lol:
its hard to explain
ive been using 1mg a day, casually using retane spray and superior hair pills

it appears to be growing well, just in the wrong places
didnt really expect it to be expanding my eye brows!

ill keep going and see what happens

jd24

Established Member
Reaction score
ah
my hair loss has been quite rapid over the last year and a half

these little hairs (very few of them) are still popping up between my eye brows and my growing back side pointy bits
but they can only be seen on close inspection and there are very few of them
most of the growth appears to be on my eye brows, few more hairs a bit above them and just looking thicker in areas they were thinner before

would this be almost dead hair coming back then? as my loss has been rapid, perhaps triggered by bad lifestyle choices i think
its hard to gage as i wouldnt of inspected this area at all before and now i am so im not too sure what to think...

thank you for all your feedback!

gooner

Reaction score
i noticed about 2 weeks a go that i have new small hairs above ur eye brows... i never thought anything of it, but now i've read ur posts, i'm guessing its from the finasteride...

Cassin

Reaction score
jd24 said:
these little hairs (very few of them) are still popping up between my eye brows and my growing back side pointy bits
but they can only be seen on close inspection and there are very few of them
most of the growth appears to be on my eye brows, few more hairs a bit above them and just looking thicker in areas they were thinner before!

I don't know how to explain that one unless you are using minoxidil.