Tony Blair is world’s best paid speaker

HughJass

Reaction score
Keats should go on the speaking circuit. He was always entertaining.

[youtube:1c78dc8x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKN4qWo7x1Y[/youtube:1c78dc8x]

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Wow Gardener!! I'll have to do a little more reading up on Tony Blair.

I didn't realize the British tax burden increased so dramatically under Blair.
It's what the British Left does best: tax & spend. They blasted their way through the proceeds of over a decade of economic growth; such profligacy that not even a string of tax increases could prevent budget surplus turning to deficit, and because of this we entered the downturn in a weakened state. The idiocy of such a situation was obvious to everyone but the Left, just a pity they've been setting the agenda - inside Parliament as well as in much of the mainstream media.

To be honest, Old Baldy, I'm struggling to think of a single Labour policy of these past twelve years with which you'd agree. I'll get back to you if I can.

Slarti

Ah, hang on, just like the traitor Blair you strike me as a staunch defender of civil liberties: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4507446.stm

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Bryan said:
It was absolutely HORRIFYING that for that point in time, our country was being led by someone who didn't even have the mental capacity to answer reporters' questions! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bryan, what can I say??? I've been so tempted to come up with a few jokes to tease the Americans.

Please go right ahead and do that! :) I'm stunned that my fellow countrymen would be SOOOO shallow that they would elect simpletons like Reagan and nobodies like George W. Bush over actually smart people like Al Gore. If they had no more discernment than that, they got what they deserved.

ali777 said:
On the other hand, I feel sympathy for you. The EU politicians might be a bit better, but not that much better, so we are all governed by a bunch of dickheads. I saw Religulous, and the US senators that was interviewed in the movie said "You don't need an IQ test to become a US senator". That sums it up really.

Hahah! I saw that movie too, and that was a funny line! :)

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Old Baldy said:
Wow Gardener!! I'll have to do a little more reading up on Tony Blair.

I didn't realize the British tax burden increased so dramatically under Blair.
It's what the British Left does best: tax & spend. They blasted their way through the proceeds of over a decade of economic growth; such profligacy that not even a string of tax increases could prevent budget surplus turning to deficit, and because of this we entered the downturn in a weakened state. The idiocy of such a situation was obvious to everyone but the Left, just a pity they've been setting the agenda - inside Parliament as well as in much of the mainstream media.

To be honest, Old Baldy, I'm struggling to think of a single Labour policy of these past twelve years with which you'd agree. I'll get back to you if I can.

Slarti

Ah, hang on, just like the traitor Blair you strike me as a staunch defender of civil liberties: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4507446.stm

I never realized Tony Blair was that bad. Thanks for the info.