Tomato Paste

CCS

Reaction score
I drink ketchup.

HairLessGR

Reaction score
Yes tomato paste is super! It's full of antioxidants and it's good for you.
I consume it in large quantities but it's best you add olive oil along with it as it helps its beneficial substances to be absorbed better.
Try to buy organic ones!

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
ONLY buy organic TP, otherwise it ain't "super."

The regular stuff usually has high fructose corn syrup in it. I'm not sure how much, but HFCS is a refined sugar that is certainly not nutritional.

College needs to be aware of this too. Otherwise he is probably defeating the purpose of all that other wierd stuff he ingests!

Don't be lazy guys - check labels. Avoid this crap - you will see and feel a difference.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Artista said:
Why not just eat tomatoes? It's better tan paste.

Word up. Buy some fresh tomatoes and eat them like an apple...a little messier but surprisingly tasty. I personally like the semi-ripe ones best for this purpose.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I love tomatoes. Get those ones on a vine. I put some thousand island on it and just eat it like an apple. Very tasty!

beaner

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I drink ketchup.

You may be able to get public assistance since you're a poor college kid.

powersam

Reaction score
Rambo said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
I drink ketchup.
I cant beleive i asked this guy for advice on mixing different hairloss products :roll:

don't be nasty :) he knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

anyone ever tried making bolognese sauce from scratch? ie/ from a tomato onward? not using any tomato paste..

THFC

Reaction score
yeh tomato paste is excellent for the skin....if you get easily sun burnt..then eating a small-ish amount everyday willdo you wonders..also fights against skin cancer...and very good anti ageing food

s.a.f

Reaction score
This has to be the most rivetting thread ever! :lol:

CCS

Reaction score
where do I buy this stuff? How much does it cost? Better be less than tomatoe sauce or I'm not interested.

G

Tomato's have lycopene, I have a thing for lycopene now....it's so awesome an antioxidant, they done this study I saw it on TV, that eating 50grams of tomato paste a day, within 3 months a woman prone to sunburn, developed 30% less burning in the same time, just by tomatoes!

Although, in order to get lycopene to be highly bioavailable, it has to be processed in some way, like pizza base, tomato paste, ketchup etc. Also, to eat it with fats (olive oil is best) will also incraese lycopene absorption.

I eat something tomatoey everyday, not coz I want lycopene, but coz I just do with my normal preferred diet, whether its a pasta sauce, tomato soup, I also have tons of ketchup with food when I have it.

I need a way to eat tomato paste on it's own though without it tasting so strong...I think 50grams spread over 3 crackers with some olive oil and chives or herbs might be good.