Today Marks 8 months on Minoxidil

bombscience

Reaction score
And my hair has progressively thinned since I started. How many of you would ditch it and focus on other treatments?

mediatech

Reaction score
bombscience said:
And my hair has progressively thinned since I started. How many of you would ditch it and focus on other treatments?

I think I was lucky... never tried Rogaine or Propecia. My results from Folligen spray 3 times daily and Emu Oil are outstanding. Give it 4 months if you can stand the intense itching.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:

f***. now you are in minoxidil dependant stage. i think you should stick it out for atleast another 6 months. 8 months, although it seems a lot, may not be enough time to see the results you want.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hey Bomb,

I've seen your pix, and heard your story. I very honestly believe that there is something else going on with your hair health other than male pattern baldness.

Have you seen a really good dermatologist? I think you once said that you had a consult with Dr lee? Are you still suffering the irritation and constant sheds you once described? At this point, I would not give up on the treatability of your hairloss, but I am seriously wondering if you are not having some sort of an adverse reaction to one of the products you are using, perhaps the PPG free minoxidil, or perhaps the Nizoral?

Have you considered this bud? I still strongly believe that one day you will find the cause of what is bothering your hair and you will say something to the effect of, "guess what, last week I changed XXXXXX element of my regimen, and the irritation went away and my hair is feeling really strong...."

All the best, Gardener

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
you're caught between a rock and a hard place

-if you get off minoxidil, you could begin to lose vast amounts of hair that may have been minoxidil dependant. Even though you're still losing hair, minoxidil 'may' have slowed it, and now you'll lose that

- on the other hand, you may lose nothing at all because it wasn't working (hence your continued male pattern baldness)

it's hard to tell- just add propecia and go from there- if both don't work, then add other stuff- only then will you be able to tell if NOTHING at all works- maybe you just need a combination of drugs, not minoxidil alone!

bombscience

Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
you're caught between a rock and a hard place

-if you get off minoxidil, you could begin to lose vast amounts of hair that may have been minoxidil dependant. Even though you're still losing hair, minoxidil 'may' have slowed it, and now you'll lose that

- on the other hand, you may lose nothing at all because it wasn't working (hence your continued male pattern baldness)

it's hard to tell- just add propecia and go from there- if both don't work, then add other stuff- only then will you be able to tell if NOTHING at all works- maybe you just need a combination of drugs, not minoxidil alone!

thanks for the concern bob...

unfortunatetly.... i did this...

2 months minoxidil alone
2 months minoxidil + propecia
2 months minoxidil + propecia + folligen (for irritation)
2 months minoxidil + propecia + spironolactone + folligen

8 months total.

I know minoxidil pretty much doesn't work based on the first 6 months.

The Fluke

Reaction score
i've been on minoxidil for three months and have seen no improvement, if anything its worse. reading these stories aint too reassuring.

KrazyK

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing my 4 month this week on Rogaine. I went through what I felt like was a pretty big shed the first 1-2 months. But now it's pretty much slowed down to stop. I don't lose my hair anymore when I run my fingers through my hair. And now when I shower I lose either none to like 2-3 hairs, and most of the time when i do lose hair in the shower they look fine and thin, so I guess that's a good sign. But damn is it fustrating. No matter however anyone wants to put it, it is a pain in the *** to put on minoxidil twice a day. I'm hoping by the 1 year mark I'll see vast improvements. It's just really fustrating, if I knew I was gonna have great regrowth in 2 years I would definately do it, but there is always that lingering doubt that I might not get that regrowth I want in 2 years. That's the toughest part, is just being unsure if your treatment will work or not. I guess you gotta go foward like a blind man and hope everything is working.

coreman

Reaction score
Doing something is always better than doing nothing. Even if that something seems to be in vain at least you have peace of mind that you gave it your best effort.

hopewas

Reaction score
mediatech said:
bombscience said:

I think I was lucky... never tried Rogaine or Propecia. My results from Folligen spray 3 times daily and Emu Oil are outstanding. Give it 4 months if you can stand the intense itching.

i look at your before and after avatar and think you're nuts. anyways. yeah..on minoxidil alone i've thinned along the months..just added proscar. hopefully it'll help me out. minoxidil hasn't.. in fact i was thinning a little when i started minoxidil..i applied minoxidil in the places i was losing it..and it like spread my thinning areas. if i could turn back time i would have started finasteride first and then added minoxidil later on if it wasn't working alone

G

bombscience you've been real quiet about your visit to the "Hair-dot-king?"

How did it go?

What did you think of his hair?

I guess your weren't impressed like me else you would be talking about
trying it.

Oh well. I am day 6 six of his magic cure. Time will tell