to shave or not to shave that is the question

bj10jgo

Reaction score
I was debating if I should just accept my hairloss and shave my hair completly . I received my propecia last month and my dermatogist gave me some samples for rogaine. The irony of the story is that I had the medications for 2 months now and still debating if I should take it . I always been healthy and barely get sick . Also in the long run taking that medications for long time will definelty damage your internal organs and cause physchological issues. It's funny because no one in my family has hairloss and I will be the first male in my familys gene pool that's loosing hair. After all this discussion about propecia it seems like there's more negative things to say than positive. So to come into a conclusion it must not be worth it and I will have to accept the hairloss ,prepare my fresh razor and go for SHAOLIN MASTER LOOK.

Xerhid

Reaction score
bj10jgo said:
Also in the long run taking that medications for long time will definelty damage your internal organs and cause physchological issues.

Really? From what research are you basing this conclusion? Seriously, everything I have seen points to finasteride being a relatively safe drug.

bj10jgo

Reaction score
Well if you based the information on consumer reviews which ever hairloss website there is usually people that seem to be complaining about it. I'm not saying that it doesn't work but statistics shows on consumer reviews that it doesn't not work. Any medical drugs are not safe if you take it for a long period of time not unless your liver or internal organs is made out of rock. I'm not just going to take a drug without doing any research first but of course when it comes to desperation you will do anything to fix the problem especially when it comes to hair. Also your dermatologist will not tell you about the side effects because they get a profit from selling the drug. So I'm not going to jump the water without knowing what's inside the water thats all I'm saying.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you can deal with a skinhead it's definately the best option, in my opinion treatments are more for people who feel their lives are being ruined by it, I know that I feel a lot better despite having less hair than when I started.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah dude...if you've got the rocks to shave your head go for it man. You might be able to pull it off well, you'll never know till ya try it. I've been thinkin about it myself, i dunno how well it'd work i've got a few fiarly large moles on the back of the head, not so attractive. Maybe Ill take a number one buzz I dunno. Try it though man let us know how it turns out for ya. Post some pics maybe. Hope it works out for ya!

Paul December

Established Member
Reaction score
Xerhid said:
bj10jgo said:
Also in the long run taking that medications for long time will definelty damage your internal organs and cause physchological issues.

Really? From what research are you basing this conclusion? Seriously, everything I have seen points to finasteride being a relatively safe drug.

If it definitely damaged you internal organs and caused psychological issues... it would be illegal and anyone would be crazy taking it!
Needless to say, you have overstated the health concerns by-a-LOT
...on the other hand, if you are cool with shaving your head...sounds like a simple solution.