To get a piece or not to get a piece

jombo

Reaction score
For a guy who doesn't wan't to be fixated on the hairpiece, but is willing to give it a few hours a week maintainance. The guy also want's to be active (sports and swimming).

Should this 21 year old fellow get a piece?

I ask because INCREDIBLY many hairpiece wearers say that wearing a piece sucks!

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I think that a few hours a week is at least enough time to maintain a hairpiece.

This week, I've been pretty lazy, and have spent a total of maybe 20 minutes re-gluing the hairline (I'm using tape at the back which has lasted me about two weeks this time, though I'll be redoing it soon). I should have probably spent a bit more and re-glued once more earlier in the week, but was busy and just wore a hat until I had the time.

It's not that hard to maintain, once you get the hang of it. Of course I still have to spend a bit of time each morning styling my hair, but that was true with my own hair as well.

It's definitely not for everyone, but for some it's a valid option. I'm only 22, and had pretty severe hairloss that I just wasn't happy with. For me, the hairpiece has been a good thing, though it can be VERY trying at times when I'm having trouble with maintenance (there's a learning curve, but it was worth it for me).

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
A few hours a week is more than enough time to spend on it. It takes me less than 1.5 hours a week and I have the thinnest most fragile base and thin hairs in mine.
The reason that many wearers are unhappy is because they are with the clubs and salons, not doing it themselves like a growing number of us are doing.
Hair replacement centers make you wear a thick ugly rug so they can bond it to your scalp with superglue for 4 weeks at a time, then force you to come back in and have it redone.
See my other post about how to watch my video download, under "Images of a good hairsystem" and my video will show you what they give you, versus what you can do for yourself.

G

MichiganBaldy is the 29 minute video yours?

If it is:

You think it's funny to call our before and after pics and our journals on here the marks of an addicted person? What is the crap you talk about in your video where you say that propecia works for less than half of men. you read that on the internet? that's bs. i know you're an advocate for hair systems and hair pieces but that's bullshit.

it works far more often than that and avodart is even more effective. i don't know what topical thing you were talking about but rogaine was fda proven to regrow hair follicles.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Yours is wishful thinking......
Keep wishing

But I agree that MichiganBaldy is wrong with his figures, IMHO.

I believe the regrowth of Cosmetically acceptable hair, especialy in the frontal area is far below 50% be it with proscar or Rogain.

FDA acceptance only says the product is safe and in some cases regrows hair of a limited amount and all tests showed hair was mainly grown in the crown area, with frontal growth being almost nill in most all cases.

Where do I get my facts?
From doing hair, 8 -10 hours a day, for 44 years
Working with those that have it, those who are loosing it, and those whom lost it long ago.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
You think it's funny to call our before and after pics and our journals on here the marks of an addicted person?

I would have to agree here with MichganBaldy on the marks of an addicted person.

Especialy when a person has made over 2725 posts on a hairloss site, I personaly think they could be considered an addicted person. Possibly not a BAD nor dangerous addiction, but possibly signs of a deep feeling of peronal loss that could possibly indicate need of some proffessional self image help.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Despite not having any experience in this area I would advise you not to get into hair systems at your age, in my opinion you'd be lining yourself up for a lifetime of secrecy and paranoia. :?

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Well he already has the paranoia.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm a Norwood 1.5 with diffuse grafts in the NW3 area, but I think about wigs often. I just want my grafts to grow out. I think HM will be what I need. I starts at 20k for the hairline, I think, so that is in reach.