to barry/yogi cedarwood do BOTH types work?

brian123

Reaction score
Juniperus virg. v Cedrus atlantica i bought the junip. type oil. think it will work also?

also barry did they mention what chemical in the cedarwood oil that actually caused the effect??

kind regards

think it needs clearing up

michael barry

Reaction score
Im trying the Juniperius variety of the oil on my chin at the moment to see if their is an impressive reduction in beard growth there. There has been some repression thusfar, and the skin sebum has definitely been reduced (quite dry), but it will be a couple of more months before I can really say.

To this point, peppermint oil/purified water is the most eye-opening topical anti-androgen Ive tried.

Im going to identify one that I think is the best, and attempt to combine it with known substances that supress androgen receptor expression (quercetin, perilla alcohol, tocopherol succinate). To be honest..................I have a feeling that in baldness its a mutated androgen receptor with alot of CAG repeats (just like Doctor used to say) that is the real problem that gets it all started to begin with. I have a feeling our androgen receptors in our head hair just work too well and uptake too much androgen and thats why we begin to go bald. I feel this way because in experiments when high levels of androgen are given to hairs from the side and back of the head, they start to miniaturize or react negatively to male hormone too..............but in vivo these hairs dont have as much alpha five reductase activity in their root sheaths and dont have as many, or as well-functioning, androgen receptors.

It may take me longer to tell with the cedarwood because the other side of my chin still hasn't fully recovered from me trying peppermint oil on it, so the contrast isn't going to be so profoundly obvious as it was in all probability. It looks like its working though. You "feel" the difference before you see it. The whiskers are smaller and weaker, but it takes about three months to really tell.

Cedarwood is soluble in alcohol, and the sebum patent had it at a mere .6% concentration. Im using about 2-3% (guesstimate) concentration in everclear. Adding any water makes the solution turn milky white. Cedarwood isn't soluble in water by itself at all.