TnW's Story-A Noob's New Year Resolution-Advice appreciated

travelnwander

Reaction score
One thing before I get into anything about myself:

Spending the last couple days reading this forum has been incredibly informative and I am awed by the support, help, and kinship demonstrated by this community. I am already in your debt.

As for me, I am a 34 years old and been losing my hair since probably 27-28 (that I finally noticed/accepted). I have kicked around doing something for awhile but now have finally made it an official goal to take control.

Sometimes I have itchy scalp and flaking, currently use Tgel shampoo but probably not enough. I had alopecia behind my left ear a couple years ago (caused by stress) which has since disappeared. It looked like one of the guys from Jackass got a shot in on my head. Crown/vertex is chock full of follicles.

And now here I am, ready to begin a serious hair loss prevention program.

It seems like common wisdom is that I should start with the Big 3+1: Min/Riz/finasteride & CoPep

What about Nioxin, is that worth anything? Also what (if any) shampoo should be used during a nizoral off day (I am all for cosmetic).

Speaking of cosmetics, would it be complete heresy to hide away the gray with JustForMen?

Also on that note, does anyone have recommendations for cosmetic fixes while things get a cookin'?

Lastly, it will be a little bit before my health insurance kicks in, are there (quasi) legitimate ways to get finasteride without seeing a Doctor first (in US)?

Pics (boy,seeing those really takes the shine off the apple):
[attachment=0:2gsbavbk]IMG_0555.JPG[/attachment:2gsbavbk][attachment=1:2gsbavbk]IMG_0554.JPG[/attachment:2gsbavbk][attachment=2:2gsbavbk]IMG_0548.JPG[/attachment:2gsbavbk]

Thanks again to the folks running this group and all those that take part herein.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    787.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 180