Tips For Dermarolling For Hair Loss

nad4321

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was reading about dermarolling and I wanted to give it a shot. Was hoping to get some insights into what people have tried and think that works or doesnt work.

There is a lot of talk on people using 1 or 1.5mm once a week. Have people noticed any difference?

To increase absorption of minoxidil, people use a smaller size. Is 0.5mm considered to much?
How often do you do this?

Do you bleed when you apply it? Or does it just get red?

Cheers

Dantes90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, I can only speak to what I have tried but before dermarolling I used propecia for 2 years and rogaine for one year got a decent amount of regrowth compared to what was there before, but still basically the hair was flat to my head in terms of how much coverage I had so just enough not to see scalp but thats about it haha.

I used 1.5mm once a week generally waited at least 12 hours up to 24 before applying rogaine, still used propecia because it seemed like without it the results would not last and I did it until I saw redness not until bleeding was witnessed. Cant speak to just using 0.5mm to increasing minoxidil absorption but I am pretty sure that is what I read was the recommended amount like between 0.25mm and 0.5mm

I got quite a bit of regrowth from that I only did it for about 5 months can actually run my hands through my hair now for example. I noticed some changes after the second week of doing it with some thickening that was different from what I got on minoxidil and propecia, however I would say I really started to see results after about month 7 even though I had already stopped by that point for two months. It is definitely something I plan on restarting soon, but in my case definitely noticed pretty good results so far.

nad4321

Reaction score
Hi there, I can only speak to what I have tried but before dermarolling I used propecia for 2 years and rogaine for one year got a decent amount of regrowth compared to what was there before, but still basically the hair was flat to my head in terms of how much coverage I had so just enough not to see scalp but thats about it haha.

I used 1.5mm once a week generally waited at least 12 hours up to 24 before applying rogaine, still used propecia because it seemed like without it the results would not last and I did it until I saw redness not until bleeding was witnessed. Cant speak to just using 0.5mm to increasing minoxidil absorption but I am pretty sure that is what I read was the recommended amount like between 0.25mm and 0.5mm

I got quite a bit of regrowth from that I only did it for about 5 months can actually run my hands through my hair now for example. I noticed some changes after the second week of doing it with some thickening that was different from what I got on minoxidil and propecia, however I would say I really started to see results after about month 7 even though I had already stopped by that point for two months. It is definitely something I plan on restarting soon, but in my case definitely noticed pretty good results so far.

Thanks for the reply!

BTW do you know if it just helps with the existing follicles or whether it is able to create new ones? (ie how well does it work with areas with almost no hair left)

Dantes90

My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem

Honestly I am not sure it would be pure speculation on my part but I will say this before I started balding I had quite a bit of noticeable gray on my scalp but the hair that is coming in is dark so it could be neogenesis but it very well could be that I have no yet revived the ones that were gray lol.

Oh I see what your saying um well I used it also in areas that had no hair that I could see and after doing so I saw quite a bit of hairs come in not a whole lot in the temples yet...but definitely a lot in the general top of the scalp areas that were nearly bare like the crown for example for sure.