Time to put to bed finasteride rumours.

Reaction score
Good day fellas.

I dont come her at all these days as hairlosstalk is a thing of the past

see my story here http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/35079-Excellent-D

anyway the reason for this thread is that me and my partner just had a gorgeous healthy baby girl 2 days ago all while me being still on finasteride. It's been over 6 years.

we had trouble conceiving for almost 2 years so you can imagine what I was thinking. Anyway we got checked out after about a year and half of trying and I was asked if I was on any medication. I lied and said no so nothing could be blamed on finasteride. Did a semen test and to my relief everything was spot on. My sperm count was amazing I was told and the problem was likely my partners body adjusting to being off the pill as she had been on it for 15 years and it takes time for some woman for their body to get back to normal. We were prescribed clomid and sent on our way 2 months after that she was pregnant and 1st August our gorgeous girl was born.

just thought I'd let my old pals know that the scaremongering over finasteride is not to be believed, I am living proof.

Still on finasteride btw and minoxidil. I rotate them now. One day minoxidil and one day finasteride. Alternating one on one off. Results still brilliant.

Take care.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi 1878, thank you for coming here to tell us this story and congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!

It is really good to see the 'old-timers' coming back to show the efficacy of finasteride over the longer term. I have nothing much to add, I looked through your story and you have had a great response to the meds, your hair looks fantastic, well done!

beaner

Reaction score
Good day fellas.

I dont come her at all these days as hairlosstalk is a thing of the past

see my story here http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/35079-Excellent-D

anyway the reason for this thread is that me and my partner just had a gorgeous healthy baby girl 2 days ago all while me being still on finasteride. It's been over 6 years.

we had trouble conceiving for almost 2 years so you can imagine what I was thinking. Anyway we got checked out after about a year and half of trying and I was asked if I was on any medication. I lied and said no so nothing could be blamed on finasteride. Did a semen test and to my relief everything was spot on. My sperm count was amazing I was told and the problem was likely my partners body adjusting to being off the pill as she had been on it for 15 years and it takes time for some woman for their body to get back to normal. We were prescribed clomid and sent on our way 2 months after that she was pregnant and 1st August our gorgeous girl was born.

just thought I'd let my old pals know that the scaremongering over finasteride is not to be believed, I am living proof.

Still on finasteride btw and minoxidil. I rotate them now. One day minoxidil and one day finasteride. Alternating one on one off. Results still brilliant.

Take care.

Nice post but if you think this is going to stop scaremongering you're sadly mistaken. This is the internet afterall, where logic and reasoning barely exist and this thread will very soon be forgotten and replaced by dozens more screaming out the horrors of finasteride.

It's a no-win situation my friend and you're smart to make this forum a 'thing of the past'. I barely even come here anymore it get's so ridiculous at times. (check out the 50 page thread on the horrors of jerking off and you'll see what I mean :))

Good Luck!!

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
(check out the 50 page thread on the horrors of jerking off and you'll see what I mean :))

We have fap topic for fap lovers to express themselves...

And on-topic: congratulations to the poster for his baby-girl.
But as i know finasteride can pose risks on male fetus.
We still can't be sure if really conceiving a baby while on this drug would be safe. I would recommend temporarly stopping it for that purpose...Just for extra-safety.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Nice post but if you think this is going to stop scaremongering you're sadly mistaken. This is the internet afterall, where logic and reasoning barely exist and this thread will very soon be forgotten and replaced by dozens more screaming out the horrors of finasteride.

It's a no-win situation my friend and you're smart to make this forum a 'thing of the past'. I barely even come here anymore it get's so ridiculous at times. (check out the 50 page thread on the horrors of jerking off and you'll see what I mean :))

Good Luck!!

Bingo. I am sorry I missed the time where message boards like these were filled with helpful information. Those days are long gone. Now you will mostly find misinformation about treatments, BS treatments (mentioned in the quote above), or horror stories that will make you second guess even treating your hair loss.

If you dig long enough you can find factual information needed to treat your hair loss. After that the best thing you can do is leave and never come back.

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
can anyone help me find the thread on laser therapy? was it deleted?

Hi - I think this forum is the best place on Earth to get the info on hair loss and how to fight it. We now all know what finasteride, minoxidil and dutasteride is, I didn't know this before - I am still reluctant to start with finasteride - there are too many stories of side effects for me to ignore.... I was visiting this forum as the "chest of knowledge" but went away for a while. This is a great place to get support inour fight. Now I came back and had to register to ask - I can't see much discussions related to laser therapy - I personally believe in new technology. After all the years of everyone using finasteride and minoxidil and whatnot - there does not seem to be any real conclusive success stories?? and I wonder why?? All these guys with theradome, blowfish lasergain revera leimo lucy - there even is a laser comb offered for sale on this web site - - are these devices working? I remember there was a thread discussing lasers and that was quite promising, but I can't find it anymore.