Time to apply Foam on vertex (pics) ?? 1 month UPDATE

Buick

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've been losing my hair since about age 20. It has been very slow, but recently it seems to have sped up. I've never had thick hair, and I've always had a little bald spot at the top, but it's gotten worse now. I am diffuse thinner. I started the treatment 23/12/2006 with Propecia, later I added Oronazol shampoo (2% Ketoconazole) 01/01/2007 and Minoxidil (topical) 07/02/2007 on the front om my head. Few days ago I was replace topical minoxidil with Rogaine foam. Now I see that I'm very good responder to Minoxidil and I have good improvement frontal. But Propecia worry me (above 4 month in), and vertex is worst than before, much thinner.

Now, is a time to add Foam on the vertex or not ?

Sorry for my bad English.

30/04/2007

1 month update:

03/06/2007

FOAM rocks :)

hopewas

Reaction score
my vertex is perfect again thanks to cutting proscar into 4ths and using minoxidil. i highly reccomend you going on both.it does wonders on your vertex..unfortunately it doesn't do the same for your hairline

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep...get on foam....i'd recommend finasteride also if you want to halt the hairloss process

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Buick said:
1 month update

What do you think ? I see little improvement.

Your hair does look much better cosmetically but I don't think Foam could have caused any significant growth in 4 weeks. It usually takes 3-6 months to see actual new growth.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
1 month will 99% of the time give you no improvement. Keep up with it til around 6-8 months.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The foam styles nice, but I think any visual improvement would be more due to maybe your current hair looking better due to the shampoo and due to the styling properties of foam. I did see improvements at 8-10 weeks but then I shed for a couple of weeks after that too. But my hair overall is amazing to where I was last November.